Coyote Bounty in Ontario

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

VixChix

Re: Coyote Bounty in Ontario

Post by VixChix »

I haven't heard, but we sure could use one. I saw a coyote on the expressway right in Kitchener mid-morning today - crossing the collector lanes at Wellington and headed for the main lanes. Crazy!
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Adam

Post by Adam »

Grey county does. I called for some info yesterday. Lots of hoops to jump through, its not just shoot a coyote and collect $100. The lady in charge of it explained that if a farmer loses livestock to a pack he has a lifestock evaluator come out and take a look. After deeming that yes in fact the landowner's herd of sheep were wiped out by a pack of coyotes, he gives his stamp of approval. The hunter is then chosen and he is issued a bounty permit that is good for 30 days and a 10 mile radius of the kill site. After all that is said and done you can start killing coyotes. You haul them into the office, they mark the heads and then you wait for you cheque.

Too bad you couldnt drop a coyote off at a municipal office all over Ontario for a property tax credit. Sure would be a lot more guys out there doing it.
bigsy

Post by bigsy »

"Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak." Ted Nuget

Wabi call to bring them close,
Exomax with Boo string projecting Big John bolts, to bring them home
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Mr T wrote: Wish me Luck. LOL!!!

Tom
Good luck Tom! :D
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
carvedtip

Post by carvedtip »

Just to show how different things are where we all live there are no bounties on coyotes here and they are everywhere. Where I live we have bounties on Cedar trees and the counties will pay you for everyone you kill as they suck all the moisture out of the ground and prevent grasses and the like from taking hold. When we have the gully washers lots of ground is lost as there is nothing holding it because of the cedars.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

A bounty is a great idea, but it has to be managed.
If they put an open bounty on coyotes here it would be a madhouse. It changes peoples outlook, it becomes more about a paycheck then a hunt.
Historically bounties have brought out the worst in people, road hunting, bringing in coyotes that were shot elsewhere, trespassing, night hunting..
I think the key would be to figure out a way to reimburse hunters without isolating anyone, I mean to make sure everyone had a fair shot at the hunt opposed to just a select few without opening the county up to "wild west syndrome".
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Fergie10

Post by Fergie10 »

last week i saw a coyote in a school yard by my house around 11 pm