electrontic sight on the new excaliburs!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

blackjack

electrontic sight on the new excaliburs!

Post by blackjack »

g'day, does anybody no much about these new electronic dot sights in the accessories pack & can they be set to 10 20 30 40 50 yard sightings like a vari-zone. regards frank australia
JUST FIGHTING TO SURVIVE..
Tom

Re: electrontic sight on the new excaliburs!

Post by Tom »

blackjack wrote:g'day, does anybody no much about these new electronic dot sights in the accessories pack & can they be set to 10 20 30 40 50 yard sightings like a vari-zone. regards frank australia
Where are you finding these, I have not seen t.hem unless your talking about the Lumi-zone
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
Phoenix_Tom

Post by Phoenix_Tom »

There's no info available on those scopes yet under either the Scopes or the Accessory Packages links on the web site. But the individual xbow pages do list the Red Dot light stuff package option. It's quite a bit cheaper than the Varizone light stuff package so I'm assuming it's a pretty basic Red Dot scope.
2008 Phoenix w/ Varizone Scope
FFF String (Boo string wannabee)
Groundpounder Mount
Bushnell Yardage Pro Scout RF
NAP 125g Spitfires
Firebolts and 2216s
Tom

Post by Tom »

Ok I see now. I believe that these scopes were put in packages to help with customers that hunted in areas that would not allow scopes with magnifying properties. I believe that these red dots have a 1x power so they would qualify where the others are 2x-4x power and they do not.

Hope this helps, not sure how many dots in these scopes or if they are adjustable like the varizone or lumizone.
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
Bill T

Post by Bill T »

They are a very good quality red-dot from TRU GLO but they are a single dot sight. The multi-dot units are not great from what I've seen since the spacing of the dots is fixed and they have no way to compensate for different trajectories