Custom Arrows

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Misfire

Custom Arrows

Post by Misfire »

Good Day all, I'm going to order some custom arrows for my Phoenix. The million dollar question is what colour combination, does anyone have any custom colour combinations for the wrap and fletching they find interesting or prefer for what ever reason.

Dave
crazyfarmer

Re: Custom Arrows

Post by crazyfarmer »

that will depend on what you like... bright colors are good for watching the arrow in flight and finding it after the shot. White cant be beat for checking for blood

I personally like white for hunting.. I shoot a Flo. Yellow combo for backyard practice...

since you are in CDN, shoot John a PM. He can help you with some arrows and color combos 8)
saxman

Post by saxman »

One arrow builder reccomending another
just one of the reasons I love this forum
good luck with your arrows and welcome
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

not in it for the money LOL.. I'd rather see the CDN guys support some of their own also :D

cant we all get along LOL :D
Misfire

Post by Misfire »

Thanks for the replies guys, I was in contact with John, I was just seeing if anyone came up with any coulour combinations I hadn't thought of. I'll send off a PM to John.

Thanks Again
Peach

Post by Peach »

I've had a real hard time finding arrows. I bought my first crossbow last year and have taken 4 deer with it, and have only found one arrow. I hunt from the ground in bush, and in the snow, so when I picked my colour combo, I had to take that in effect.

The first thing I considered is dark colours (camo) because I work hard to not be seen. I settled on not worrying about concealing an arrow because a deer will not see your arrow on the rail, or in flight.

So then I based my colour combo on what was most important to me - finding my arrows.

I wanted white because they look great. BUT, here in northern ontario, there are lots of white birch, fallen and standing, and white would not stand out. I also do most of my hunting once the snow flies, and well, white would not be cool in 2 feet of snow.

So the obvious choice was blaze orange and yellow. I got the flames that CrazyFarmer does and they will definitely stand out, as long as they don't fly a mile after a pass through.

I know this was a long reply, but I wanted to give the rationale behind the colours...hunting up here is a little different...If I was hunting farmers fields, I would go with white.
2008 Equinox - STS - Boo String
Big John

Post by Big John »

I have found that the best colors that show up, in any circumstances, are Florescent Orange and Florescent Pink.
These two colors when used on the arrows are extremely visible, to see shot placement, and arrow retrieval.
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
Boo

Post by Boo »

crazyfarmer wrote:that will depend on what you like... bright colors are good for watching the arrow in flight and finding it after the shot. White cant be beat for checking for blood

I personally like white for hunting.. I shoot a Flo. Yellow combo for backyard practice...

since you are in CDN, shoot John a PM. He can help you with some arrows and color combos 8)
I have a whole lot of respect for you for saying that Harold!
Some people just like stepping on rakes