FLEMISH DYNA STRINGS

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

KBW

FLEMISH DYNA STRINGS

Post by KBW »

I HAVE A NEW VORTEX. WHAT WILL THIS STRING DO FOR ME :?: :?: :?: UPS AND DOWNS !!!!THANK YOU!!!!!
2010 EXCALIBUR VORTEX FLEMISH DYNA STRING RIGHT.STUFF,PACKAGE
wabi

Re: FLEMISH DYNA STRINGS

Post by wabi »

If you are new to crossbows the flemish "fast flight" string will greatly increase your odds of damaging the bow when you make a mistake and dry-fire it. :lol:

That's why Excalibur ships the new bow with a dacron string. :wink:

The fastflight type strings will increase velocity a few fps (depends on a lot of variables, but around 10 fps is a reasonable guess), but they are recommended only after you have shot your bow for a year or so, and have become familiar with the bow.
wabi
Peted

Post by Peted »

They are also the strings used to give the speed on the sticker of your new bow along with carbon arrows. The string shipped with your bow is probably 10-15 fps slower.
Ibex

Post by Ibex »

Why is the dacron string less damaging in a dry fire?
Ibex, 3X-32 Vortex crossbow scope, GT Laser II, 125 gr. Marden Mini Mag Steel broadheads, 4 deer so far
Boo

Post by Boo »

Ibex wrote:Why is the dacron string less damaging in a dry fire?
Dacron exhibits a large amount of elasticity which means it gets longer when stressed. That action of dimensional change "eats" energy. When it eats the excess energy during a dry-fire it is diverting the energy that would break your limb into the string. During a shot with a Dacron string when an arrow is launched the arrow absorbs some energy and the left over energy causes the string to stretch thereby lowering noise.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
sonnyboy

Post by sonnyboy »

Just had two Boo strings for my matrix 380 crossbow made.....waited 8 months.........I shot my crossbow at 20 yards a zeroed it in, then moved to 30 yards to adjust my scope (zeiss) for arrow speed, as I do not have a chronograph. I couldn't believe that at the thirty yards, using my thirty yard crosshair, my shots went low.......about 2 ".... I had to reduce the speed adjustment on my scope from 380, down to 350 to get the arrows on center for height adjustment?????........Is anybody getting 30 fps slower arrow speeds with boo Flemish string compaired to factory excaliber strings???............sonnyboy :shock:
janesy

Post by janesy »

Going back in time lol. You aren't loosing 30 ft. 5-10 absolute max. The adjustment on your scope is nothing more than a reference. The speed on the scope is not a direct correlation to the speed of your arrow.

For what you just gained over the 5 fps, it's a great trade off. That is to say if you lost any speed at all. Don't worry, shoot away.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
janesy

Post by janesy »

Sorry double post
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
sonnyboy

Post by sonnyboy »

Janesy, The Zeiss scope has FPS velocity adjustment to correct arrow drop at different ranges. If the scope is not dialed in for arrow speed, how can you possibly hope to hit center, when your shots are dropping down from your crosshair measurement placement? You can be dead on at 20 yards, but then back up an shoot the 40 yard scope hash mark, an you will be low. What is the advantage of Flemish strings over factory standard strings, when Flemish is so much slower................looking neat will not count here!!!!.........sonny
janesy

Post by janesy »

sonnyboy wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:31 am
Janesy, The Zeiss scope has FPS velocity adjustment to correct arrow drop at different ranges. If the scope is not dialed in for arrow speed, how can you possibly hope to hit center, when your shots are dropping down from your crosshair measurement placement? You can be dead on at 20 yards, but then back up an shoot the 40 yard scope hash mark, an you will be low. What is the advantage of Flemish strings over factory standard strings, when Flemish is so much slower................looking neat will not count here!!!!.........sonny
Yes. And without running you arrow over a chrony, you "speed" adjustment is a reference of POI. Nothing more.
How can you adjust for a speed if you don't know what that is. You haven't lost 30, don't worry.
So adjust your reticle to suit your POI, and go hunting..
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
SEW

Post by SEW »

sonnyboy wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:39 pm
Just had two Boo strings for my matrix 380 crossbow made.....waited 8 months.........I shot my crossbow at 20 yards a zeroed it in, then moved to 30 yards to adjust my scope (zeiss) for arrow speed, as I do not have a chronograph. I couldn't believe that at the thirty yards, using my thirty yard crosshair, my shots went low.......about 2 ".... I had to reduce the speed adjustment on my scope from 380, down to 350 to get the arrows on center for height adjustment?????........Is anybody getting 30 fps slower arrow speeds with boo Flemish string compaired to factory excaliber strings???............sonnyboy :shock:
At just 10 yds, it's really hard to tell much. Using an extremely good rest, adjust your scope up and down @ 20 yards. Then check it at 40 and make an adjustment on the speed ring. Then go to 60 and refine it more, and then, if desired, out to 75 for your final adjustment.
What is the weight of your Boo string? Silencers? I requested 2 strings from Boo, 5 years ago. Silencers, Flemish, of course, 5 or 6" serving: total wt 185g. Yes, they were slower by far; but they were what I'd requested. 100s of hours cocked, one with over 1,500 shots, the other was close to that #. I just sent them back to Boo for refletching since I know thos is a lax time of the year for him :D . The serving hadn't separated , or worn thru to the string. I just wanted to pester him.
I've also gotten strings I requested with much different construction that were as fast as the factory strings even though Boo's string was 16gs heavier.
I've used both Vixenmaster and Boo strings: I've worn neithers' serving out.
Incidentally, I lost 12-14'/sec only with this extremely heavy, quiet string. Currently, I have a 44 strand, 5" serving Vixenmaster string on my "clean" M405 (nothing but TT, and shrink wrapped spring) with an XB75. Very quiet .
Boo's string silencers do slow things down a bit but really quieter the bow.

The problem isn't the Boo string.
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

sonnyboy wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:31 am
Sonny
As jansey said, it is highly doubtful that you lost 30fps. On a matrix bow the rule of thumb is that you lose 1 fps for every 3 grains of increased weight (arrow or string). So to lose 30fps the string would have to weigh 90grains more than the factory string. I guarantee you it does not. The markings on the scopes are a reference....they have to be as the scope manufacturer has no idea of what kind, or how heavy of an arrow you are shooting. The same is true of the markings in the reticle. They are approximations of 10 yd increments that are only accurate with exactly 1 arrow moving at 1 speed. Many things affect arrow flight and anything that increases drag will cause its trajectory to change. Two arrows weighing the same but with different fletching will have different trajectories...especially at distance. Hawke Optics has a good app for your phone that allows you to calculate the ballistics coefficient of your arrow and then gives you a good approximation of what the reticle markings will be based on your zero and magnification setting. Maybe Zeiss has something similar for your scope.

Hope that helps
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
Pintail

Post by Pintail »

Every bow/setup is different so its really hard to generalize. Its always best to get at least a dozen shots over a chronograph to see what your outfit is really doing. I have a matrix 330 that I put a BCYX string on. 40 strand with angel majesty servings, its getting 309 fps with a 444 grain arrow.
Have crossbows will travel