Electronic Predator Calls

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Hazmat

Electronic Predator Calls

Post by Hazmat »

Hello Everybody,

I am looking to purchase a Foxpro FX3 electronic predator call, do any of you have any experience with this model and or any other brand recomendations ?

Deer harvest as well as sightings where down this year and I saw coyotes 50 % of my time in the woods but they where always out of crossbow or shotgun range. I have found 5 coyote and 1 fox burough on the farms that I hunt and I am eager to knock their numbers down before spring.

Thanks
Never argue with an idiot; they will only bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience!

EQUINOX
Munch Mount
NGSS
lscha

Re: Electronic Predator Calls

Post by lscha »

I have that one and I am very happy with it. Now if I would just get out there and use it some more!! :lol:
Laura
Vixen II/Optimizer/RamCats/NGSS
Camx
Boo strings, top mounts
[url]http://www.michigancrossbowfederation.org[/url]
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Crossbow-Federation/122974954384381
carvedtip

Post by carvedtip »

I am sure that is a great call but I just cant bring myself to spend $400 on a caller. What I do is pickup old boom boxes at thrift or second hand stores that use a cassette or CD for around ten bucks and spray them OD green. I use rechargeable batteries and you can easily find tapes or CD's for next to nothing on fleabay of wounded wabbits.

I am sure you can hook up a remote on/off switch but I dont even bother. I just turn the rascal on and hightail it to my hiding spot and wait.

If it were me I would use the $400 and put it towards a great varmint scope. :D
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

I bought the MIGHTY PREDATOR MP3 WITH SPEAKER , goes plenty loud and works great. I have a speaker in my hand unit and bought the big horn speaker separate. Believe you pick one or the other. Speaker was 14 dollars for them. I wouldn't spend the money on a foxpro. Bought a quiver rabbit from the same place.
http://edgebyexpedite.com/home.php?cat=289

Download my own sounds and got a couple memory cards and use the call for everything. I just keep hand calls with me to.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

This year I am going to take the plunge and get a Foxpro Fury.
Currently I am using one that I made, it is a self amplified horn speaker, I have modified it to accept either a MP3 player or a remote caller made by Primos.
You need a horn speaker to call coyotes/crows, they are the only way to duplicate the high frequencies made by those animals.
For calls I used to use produced calls, then I started to put my own vocals on the computer on MP3 format and making my own sequences, works just fine, for less than $100.
The fury, or any Foxpro unit is made to do a specific job, and they do it very well. If you have the money to buy one then you can't go wrong. Last year they introduced a nice remote unit for about $200, a terrific entry level noise maker.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
rsm2532

Post by rsm2532 »

I purchased the FOX PRO SPITFIRE, works awesome 5 confirmed coyote kills. very well made and easy to use. I only use it 8 times and still using the same batteries when I started using it for the first time.
warningshot

Post by warningshot »

i like that idea ...money is tight for me so i gonna rig some set up ....i have downloaded my sounds now it`s either mp3 or on a cd for me .... and some kind of amp

[quote="carvedtip"]I am sure that is a great call but I just cant bring myself to spend $400 on a caller. What I do is pickup old boom boxes at thrift or second hand stores that use a cassette or CD for around ten bucks and spray them OD green. I use rechargeable batteries and you can easily find tapes or CD's for next to nothing on fleabay of wounded wabbits.

I am sure you can hook up a remote on/off switch but I dont even bother. I just turn the rascal on and hightail it to my hiding spot and wait.

If it were me I would use the $400 and put it towards a great varmint scope. :D[/quote]
Airwolf

Post by Airwolf »

I trolled the web and downloaded a bunch of Deer call mp3s.

I added these to my Blackberry and can play them the same way you do a song.
If you use one as a ringtone, you can keep your phone on while you hunt! :lol:

I have bleat, bellow, buck bawl, buck grunt, contact call, doe grunt, estrus bleat, raging buck, sparring and tending grunts. I've compared this to the commercial callers and the sounds are similar in quality and volume.

These work in any mp3 player or cell phone.
A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life.

Black Vixen carved tip
Shotnbeer

Post by Shotnbeer »

i bought a Johnny Stewart call about 15 years ago that plays tapes for 75 bucks. I paid the call off in 1 week with the fox's I shot. with fur prices down in may take you 3 months. if you use any call you can pay it off if you use it. still you"ll have fun.
Adam

Post by Adam »

I own a Fx3 and I love it. Here is the first one I called in this year and my biggest at 46 pounds.
I brought him in using the Jack in distress and the Coyote Locator.