New Puppy

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Phoenix_Tom

New Puppy

Post by Phoenix_Tom »

We went to pick out our new puppy today. LondonDave had posted in the Trading Post about these puppies a couple of weeks ago. Dave and his wife were very helpful and I owe them a big thank you!

"Moxie" is a Weimaraner / Chesapeake Bay Retriever mix. I'm hoping for a strong pointer and retriever but I also plan to teach her to track wounded deer and to hunt for sheds.

2008 Phoenix w/ Varizone Scope
FFF String (Boo string wannabee)
Groundpounder Mount
Bushnell Yardage Pro Scout RF
NAP 125g Spitfires
Firebolts and 2216s
roly

Re: New Puppy

Post by roly »

Nice looking puppy

She looks like a winner to me :D
rt2bowhunter

Post by rt2bowhunter »

Great looking pup.
LondonDave

Post by LondonDave »

Glad to hear you're getting one Tom. We just got an e-mail from Ann today with news that you were taking one of the females. I think they are going to be great hunting dogs and would have take one ourselves if we didn't have 4 already!

Make sure you keep us updated on her progress.

Dave (and Liette)
2007 Exomax
String by "Boo"
Bolts by "GREYWOLF" and "John"
Dan Miller quiver mount
Varizone Scope
Butler Creek and Excalibur scope caps
jay73

Post by jay73 »

Very nice dog indeed...good luck. A good friend of mine has a male chessy, about 6 years old - man what a beefcake!!!

Jay
150 lb Wolverine
165 lb Exocet
175 lb Phoenix
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

very nice looking Dog.. I would recomend Mike Lardys training tapes unless ofcourse you already have an idea of what to do...very good looking dog..

My Big Boy
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
saxman

Post by saxman »

The Weimaraner's are some of my favorite dogs
Congrats,she's a beauty.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
Phoenix_Tom

Post by Phoenix_Tom »

Thanks guys!

Dave: For sure I'll keep you and Liette updated. Thanks again for hooking us up with Ann. Thanks to Liette I've been working a lot with PeeWee and he's really turned around. It seems like all the training my daughter and wife worked on with him kicked in once I started working with him. He wants to train / work now. It's as if he was totally confused with the hierarchy because the Alpha (me) wasn't working with him. Almost as soon as I started working with him he fell into line, became better with my daughter, and became less agitated with other dogs. In fact, last Saturday we were at the vet's and he didn't want to leave when we were done because of the other dogs around. If only I had known I would have worked with him from the start but this was supposed to be my daughter's (and wife's) dog. It should be fun and probably funny but I plan on training both dogs together for hunting. Not that PeeWee will make such a great retriever or pointer but just to keep him included and working / having fun. Who knows, maybe they'll both make good blood trackers and shed hunters! Lots of fun ahead of us!

Hoss: That picture is worth a 1000 words! Your "Big Boy" looks like a great dog! Thanks for the tip on the training videos. I've been scouring the internet for weeks and have found some good stuff. But I'll definitely check this guy out.

Any tips or advice on training a multi-disciplined hunting dog at this point are more than welcome. I'll start another thread on dog training soon.

Here's another pic of Moxie. She's showing some character! Another week to go before get her. Can't wait!

2008 Phoenix w/ Varizone Scope
FFF String (Boo string wannabee)
Groundpounder Mount
Bushnell Yardage Pro Scout RF
NAP 125g Spitfires
Firebolts and 2216s
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

She is beautiful! :D
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
LondonDave

Post by LondonDave »

Hi Tom,

Great to hear that things are working out with PeeWee. We give a lot of people advice and it's very refreshing when we hear back from people that listened, did what we told them and it worked!!

We look forward to hear progress reports on Miss Moxie once you get her.

Dave
2007 Exomax
String by "Boo"
Bolts by "GREYWOLF" and "John"
Dan Miller quiver mount
Varizone Scope
Butler Creek and Excalibur scope caps