Toronto Sportmen's Show

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

va3cgt

Toronto Sportmen's Show

Post by va3cgt »

Any one going? Hunting Hall? Excalibur has a booth, 4713.

Please bring lots of freebees, Excal. How about for those who are going we bug the rep about excalibur apparel.
wheelie

Re: Toronto Sportmen's Show

Post by wheelie »

Taking a bow tuning coarse at the Wolf's Den next weekend. Sat. & Sun. Pretty much fills that weekend
Sliver

Post by Sliver »

I have decided to keep my money in my pocket.... the sportsman show is not what it use to be thats for sure!
Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife
va3cgt

Post by va3cgt »

Opps, sorry. Didn't realize this topic was already brought up.
huntman

Post by huntman »

Just got back from there, took my four year old. Dont waste your time, its the same crap it is every year infact this year is bigger but NOT better!
Sliver

Post by Sliver »

huntman wrote:Just got back from there, took my four year old. Dont waste your time, its the same crap it is every year infact this year is bigger but NOT better!

Thanks for the heads up..... just what I figured.... it's to bad :(
Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

huntman wrote:Just got back from there, took my four year old. Dont waste your time, its the same crap it is every year infact this year is bigger but NOT better!
Thanks for that, won't botter going. Spent way to much this winter anyways. :) :)
TPM

Post by TPM »

We're just finishing breakfast, heading out soon. Going to meet a few friends there. :D
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Always a fun day no matter what. Good to walk around and look at all the gear. Enjoy traveling through the different outfitter booths and dreaming. Love looking at the camping and canoeing gear. Will keep an eye out for some friends and make a day of it. The show, as the rest of life, is what you make of it. :D
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

We've found that having Ben along always makes it an adventure. Things look different through a child's eyes - very educational! :lol:
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Bringing the family up on Sunday, Fenix lights have a present for me, its the only reason I am going.
Good way to spend a rainy day!
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Big John

Post by Big John »

Well I'll be there Saturday morning. Wearing a Scentlock black Jersey. And Black Excal 25 th. Hat.
You can also tell me by the limp on right leg and favoring right arm. :wink: :twisted:
I like going to show's, keeps me dreaming and out of the house. I hope to see some people there. :)
I'll be bringing pics of the Big Buck my Friend and I hauled out at Shot gun season. An absolutely HUGE 8 point!!
300 lbs hanging. After gutting, skinning, and removing front shoulder (gun wound), and head, he weighed at butcher 265 still.

John
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Just got back from the show. I have to say that I liked it better than in past years. The venue is nicer once you get down to the hall. It's got more space, less noisy, seems more friendly. Parking wasn't an issue at all - plenty to be had nearby. We weren't shopping for any deals but enjoyed wandering through the whole show. I'd say it was worthwhile! In fact, if I didn't have a commitment tonight we would still be there. :D
Boo

Post by Boo »

I was there Friday morning, sorry John, I had to rearrange my weekend. One of my dogs is done with breeding so I have to go get her. I liked the show better this year and it seems there were more people. No parking outside! Park underground and walk up.

I went and visited Kevin at Gobblestalker Calls(right side). Rob is on the left. I bought another limited edition box call (very sweet call made from 100 yr old chestnut, lots of character!) and a couple more friction calls with fancy wood. He has lots of calls from box calls, diaphragm calls, etc.

The Excalibur booth.

I'm always mesmreized by birds of prey. I didn't want to use a flash on the birds so the pics are a bit fuzzy.

All in all the show is in a better place and there seems to be more booths.
Last edited by Boo on Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
TPM

Post by TPM »

I really enjoyed the show too. Ya, there are a lot of the same vendors every year but that's what the show is, manufacturers and local vendors. I enjoyed talking to a number of them about new products. Ameristep has some great new features on their ground blinds. Of course we had to stop at the Excal booth and chat. Gobble Stalker had some awesome turkey calls and weren't shy about giving demonstrations and advice. Al Flaherty's had a guy doing balloon animals for the kids and that was a big hit for our little guy. Spent a fair bit of time in the dog area talking with different breed organizations. Spent some time at the Browning booth drooling. We enjoyed playing "Where's Boo?". There were a few reported sightings but we never managed to hook up. :? :D We even found a vendor selling Groundpounder Mount knock-off's! :shock: They were just packaged in zip lock bags with home-made labels. I asked the one of the guys at the booth if he knew who made them but he said he didn't know.
All in all I'd say the show was well run, well laid out and well attended. The only regret I had is that we didn't have more time to take it in.
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger