have
39%
have not
61%

Total votes: 28

dw

poll dumest hunting gadgets

Post by dw »

so how many here have or have not ever owned or still own one of the dumbest hunting gadgets? i made it a poll so as not to hurt anyones feelings! :oops:
"dw"
"you gotta love it"
grizzled47

Post by grizzled47 »

This is me Image Actually, I'm just tring to get a pic on here,,,,hope this works
Everyone who comes in here please ignor this. I tried to get out of the way so I could work out how to use photo bucket!!
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

grizzled47 wrote:This is me Image Actually, I'm just tring to get a pic on here,,,,hope this works
Everyone who comes in here please ignor this. I tried to get out of the way so I could work out how to use photo bucket!!
Must admitt quite a hunting gadget :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Boltshooter

Post by Boltshooter »

What about those handy dandy little scent proof urine bags in case you have to relieve yourself out in the woods? :wink:
"BORDERS, LANGUAGE, AND CULTURE"
maddog

Post by maddog »

I have to relay this story on "dumb hunting gadgets". At a Sportsman show, about 8 years ago, I bought one of those game finding devices (sensor) that you place in an arrow and a receiver picks up a signal from it so you can locate your fallen deer. (claimed to work up to 5 miles). It cost almost $300. My engineer friends and I "tested" it and it seemed to work at the show. Note that this was NOT battery powered. Being an engineer, I should have known better. The theory of operation was impossible then as it is now. Cant remember the name, but it was made in Texas and even police depts. endorsed it for locating drugs. And Cabelas sold it in their catalog for at least one year.
My friends and I laugh about it to this day!
BEWARE of things like this that seem too good to be true!
wilsonj73

Post by wilsonj73 »

GARYL, of course it's a new hunting gadget...

It's BARE REPELLENT! :shock: :shock:

No, it's not a typo... that's because no man in his right mind would get BARE with her looking like that!! :lol: :lol:
Give a kid a fish and they'll eat for a day, teach a kid to fish and they'll eat for a lifetime!
GonHuntin

Post by GonHuntin »

I think one of the top contestants for "dumbest hunting gadgets" is the "Deer View Mirror"!!!

Another from the top ten would be the "cough silencer".......it must be selling or they couldn't afford all the advertisment for it.......but I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would buy such a thing???
wilsonj73

Post by wilsonj73 »

Here's one and I might get shot for saying it...

Electronic game calls... of any kind.

Keep it natural and learn how to call game without using recorded calls.
Give a kid a fish and they'll eat for a day, teach a kid to fish and they'll eat for a lifetime!
GonHuntin

Post by GonHuntin »

Wilson

Come coyote hunting with me sometime and see if you think my FoxPro or Johnny Stewart electronic callers are "dumb hunting gadgets".......

Oh, by the way......I make and sell custom hand calls for predators......and I know how to use them.......however, there are some circumstances and certain times of the year that an electronic call will far outproduce any hand call.....
wilsonj73

Post by wilsonj73 »

GonHuntin, I stand corrected.

Do you have a website for your calls?
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

wilsonj73 wrote:GARYL, of course it's a new hunting gadget...

It's BARE REPELLENT! :shock: :shock:

No, it's not a typo... that's because no man in his right mind would get BARE with her looking like that!! :lol: :lol:
I do believe that is actually Paul Stanley, from the rock band KISS. Still not much of a hunting gadget.

How about anything the size of a pocket knife or a GPS that is camoflaged. What for??? If your knife is camoflaged and in your pocket will the deer see it? If the knife is in your hand(just in case you walk around or sit in your tree stand playing with your knife) does that camoflaged handle help you at all??

Camoflaged flashlights are another great idea. It's dark, you have a light coming from the end of it, it could be blaze orange with polka dots and it wouldn't matter.
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
GonHuntin

Post by GonHuntin »

Wilson

No website, but here are a few I have for sale right now (AA battery for size reference):

These are made from Cocobolo......(#2 & #5 are already sold).

Here are a few I made from African Springbok antelope horn.......