Serving coming undone

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wvjason

Serving coming undone

Post by wvjason »

Guys I am a rookie so bear with me. My new crossbow after about 25 or 30 shots and plenty of wax has the serving coming undone. I just dont know what to do? Should I get a new string and if so which one? Should I try to replace the serving? Any help would be appreciated thanks Jason
Boo

Re: Serving coming undone

Post by Boo »

Which bow? Which string? Which way did you twist your string(looking at the end of the string)? What part of planet earth are you from? What colour is the serving?
Some people just like stepping on rakes
OMC-MOOSE

Post by OMC-MOOSE »

I'm guessing from West Virginia
NRA Life Member
The Second Amendment protects the rest!

Excalibur Ibex
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

If you twist the string the wrong way it actually takes the tension off of the serving causing it to separate .
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
wvjason

Post by wvjason »

Sorry guys lol. It is an equinox and it was already strung when I got it with the string they come with from excal.
RichJ

Post by RichJ »

I would say get it reserved. If it took that few amount of shots to get the serving lose I would say it is due from your string stretching in. I used to run a Archery Pro Shop and do ALOT of target shooting indoor and 3-D. I would always have to end up reserving my center serving after a hundred or so shots from the string stretch. Unless I was shooting Winners Choice Strings or other pre-stretched stings. The string is served before it has stretched with the string being thicker. Once the string stretches it causes the serving to be lose since the string under it has gotten thinner. Once its reserved and served tight you will be golden.I just had the same prob this week with my new Equinox.