Over to the dark side

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

agingcrossbower

Over to the dark side

Post by agingcrossbower »

Went over the the Archerytalk forum and it seems they do not like crossbows all that much. :shock: Very selfish bunch. They feel wi. should'nt allow crossguns in the bow season unless your disablied or 65. It seems to me like when the longbow shooters had to sooner than later except compound bows.
one shot scott

Re: Over to the dark side

Post by one shot scott »

Im finding out that this is by far the freindliest place as far as "stringrifles" are concerned :roll:

And strangely the most welcoming to ALL types of hunting!!
Last edited by one shot scott on Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
agingcrossbower

one shot scott wrote:Im finding out that this is by far the freindliest place as far as stringrifles are concerned :roll:

And strangely the most welcoming to ALL types of hunting!!
They seem to enjoy argument just for the fun of it. :roll: Sort of a sad way of looking at life.
secret

Post by secret »

All i have too say is.......PA bowhunters call us crossgunners........althought they harvest 4 times as many deer as us Crossgunners do!!!!! they want it all to thier selves! the division has begun here in Pa....
Exocet 200
gt lazer 2 [turkey] gt lazer 4 [deer]
wasp sst hammers
groundpounder
lumizone
ff string
Boo

Post by Boo »

Some people just like stepping on rakes
weezy

Post by weezy »

I think think the ''you have to be disabled or over a certain age'' is dumb.Im 19 years old,started out using compound vertical bows but becasue I can,chose to try a crossbow and love it.I use my vert bow occansionaly for hunting but almost always use my crossbow now.I dont find it any easier than my vert.I just dont like people saying you have to be disabled or older or ''only to get kids into archery''.Anyone one should be able to use them without being judged.

I was never a big fan of archery talk :roll:
lscha

Post by lscha »

I like the way you think Weezy! :D
Laura
Vixen II/Optimizer/RamCats/NGSS
Camx
Boo strings, top mounts
[url]http://www.michigancrossbowfederation.org[/url]
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Crossbow-Federation/122974954384381
lvt01

Post by lvt01 »

weezy...I think that you are wise beyond your years...as the old timers say! Of course...I'm not old...that's just what I 've heard that they say! :roll:
munch

Post by munch »

i find archery talk a great place .i have bought a lot of things on there for my crossbows and coumpound bows and even a stick bow and have not had a negitive coment from anyone on that site.and have gotten a lot of help there .mike can you post a link to your visit there .
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
Chuck Gravel

Post by Chuck Gravel »

like weezy, im 20 have shot verticals but love the crossbow more. I'm not disabled at all but feel better when using the crossbow for hunting
Excalibur Equinox
Lumi-Zone
Viper-X- Strings
NGSS (newguy)
vortex pro extreme 125
Pinpoint

Post by Pinpoint »

Thankfully I live in an area that doesn't look down on you for your choice of "bow"!! :D

It is a shame that some can't see that as hunters we should all be on the same side!!! 8)
2016 Matrix 350LE, Munchmount, RBB, Hawke XB1
Wolverine, Munchmount
Vixenmaster Strings
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

I go to AT alot. I also have bought a ton of archery equipment there. Some are dead against crossbows but a few of us try to explain crossbows there. I have never been attacked for saying it. There are people in this world that refuse to accept change. I am sure sum feel that crossbower's will take there game. It is sad but, if one is that narrow minded well no one is going to change there minds. Certain subjects you just learn to be quiet about. I get a gr8 laugh when people ask if a 22 is ok to shoot coyotes. I shake my head at that. On occassion I do with a semi and just fire more than one shot. Do I tell anyone ? No. More and more States will accept crossbows and one day, the next generation of kids crossbows will be just another piece of hunting equipment. You will always have the older generation that will stay hardliners of the past that refuse change.
hetichunter

Post by hetichunter »

wisconsin gets all the ink with the age limits for crossbows and nobody ever mentions this arcahic rule being the same in my state of illinois.

wisconsin traditional hunters are like the welcome wagon when compared to the compound and longbow guys here in IL.

illinois will probably allow crossbows immediately after they are approved in hawaii.
If it isn't hectic, it isn't hunting!
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

The site does indeed have a crossbow section, I visit it regularly. I'm finding that most uninformed folks have a negative opinion of crossbows. Must be a carryover from the Middle Ages, when they were outlawed under penalty of death: a lowly serf could breech a knight's armor with one (using a METAL bolt).
Now, it's just lack of awareness (and a closed mind) that precipitates negative reaction. A hunting acquaintance, who hunts turkey with a shotgun and has never even tried one, claims they give the shooter an "unfair advantage" ...over a shotgun! Having just spent the better part of a week chasing turkey with my Phoenix, I can unequivocally say "ain't no such thing!" Could have easily shot half dozen with a shotgun. With a crossbow, nothing but a big smile on my face. Man, that was a HOOT.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
agingcrossbower

munch wrote:i find archery talk a great place .i have bought a lot of things on there for my crossbows and coumpound bows and even a stick bow and have not had a negitive coment from anyone on that site.and have gotten a lot of help there .mike can you post a link to your visit there .
I was in the legislation topic Munch. They were talking about Wi. and I chimed in. The rest of the site is OK. I found the classifieds to be the best place to buy or sell something. The Dark side is the legislation topic section. Should have known I'd find a knob there. Very me,me,ME individuals on there. Weezy had some excellent points.