I'm official!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

christo

I'm official!

Post by christo »

Ok, I will still call myself new to the boards, although this isn't my first post (I've been jawing with Rancid in his WI xbow threads for a bit now).

But I will call myself an official member now because I just bought my first crossbow yesterday :D - online and still awaiting delivery unfortunately. :x

I was very limited on funds so I had to go used, but I landed an Excalibur Phoenix with most of a light stuff package at a really good price. Color me excited!!!!

So I'm officially part of the excalibur crew now! Can't wait for deer season here in PA!

One question I have right away even before arrival- I don't know how to correctly measure bolt by grain weight. Can someone explain it or point me to a sight on how this is done? The xbow is coming with some new and some used bolts and I have no idea how to determine grain weights. Can I do this at home or do I need some kind of specific scale? Do I need to take this to an archery store to have this done right?

Of course, I will eventually buy a whole new set of bolts that are all grain matched, but until then I'd like to use what is coming with my purchase.
bdog

Re: I'm official!

Post by bdog »

You can buy a grain scale,most archery shops will have one and there not expensive,some of the arrow manufacturers have the weights of the components and arrows on there sites.
http://autumnbreezebrittanys.com
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Welcome to the club christo! Nothing wrong with buying used.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Welcome and enjoy your new Excalibur!! :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
SPITFIRE

Post by SPITFIRE »

It may be used but it is NEW to you. Enjoy, you got the best xbow made. EXCALIBUR is the only way to go, no matter which model you buy LET THE FUN BEGIN !!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I am a hunter and proud of it.
casper

Post by casper »

Welcome to the elite, Excalibur club, Christo. We got another one. :mrgreen:
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Welcome,
My first crossbow was the Phoenix, and I still like the Phoenix. I purchased an Equinox fully loaded last fall because I wanted one. I love that one also, almost as much as I love my wife and our family. They better be careful or my Crossbows will move into number one, LOL. OOOOpppps better not let my wife see this one LOL.
Raymond
saxman

Post by saxman »

Welcome friend :D
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
secret

Post by secret »

Welcome to your new addiction!!!!!!![ the good kind]
Exocet 200
gt lazer 2 [turkey] gt lazer 4 [deer]
wasp sst hammers
groundpounder
lumizone
ff string
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

welcome... now the fun really begins;)
Sully_pa

Post by Sully_pa »

Welcome ! I too just recently became a member of the Excal family.... good to see another PA archer join,
[b][size=150]Sully[/size][/b]
Pinpoint

Post by Pinpoint »

Welcome!!!

I have a phoenix as well, great bow!! 8)
2016 Matrix 350LE, Munchmount, RBB, Hawke XB1
Wolverine, Munchmount
Vixenmaster Strings
christo

Post by christo »

My Phoenix arrived yesterday! I bought off ebay and admit that I was a little concerned buying a used xbow and had little to go on other than a few pics. I mailed the seller asking about the xbow and what all it included. From what I told by the seller it wasn't a totally complete phoenix lite stuff package.

Well, I opened my huge box and to my surprise it had the complete package and more. It had all the original (6) bolts in good working order, plenty of field tips, a pile of muzzy 100gr broadheads that look like they were never used. It had the scope (the only thing I knew was included), the rope cocker, the restringer, wax, and an extra string! I was delighted! Now if I can just get out and get myself a target and testing it out!!

The serving on the string that is on it now definitely looks like it could be reserved soon. The other string looks brand new, but that is the one thing I am unsure of. How can I tell if this is just a standard excal string or if this is a flemish string? If I want to put the new string on do you have any suggestions/comments on how to put them on other than how the excal video explains how to do it?

Thanks for the warm welcome! I can't wait to hit the woods in the fall and put the Phoenix to work!
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Congrats on the bow!

Post a picture of the string and we can tell you what you got. Most likely you have a standard string.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen