exomax arrows

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bigfoothunts

exomax arrows

Post by bigfoothunts »

Just bought a exomax. without spending lots of money on different arrows what is everybody shooting out of these bows? I am used to shooting 2219 w/ 125grain muzzy.Understand that the firebolt is good. any help appreciated
w8cop

Re: exomax arrows

Post by w8cop »

I shoot Firebolts with 100 grain G 5 Montec....they fly true and same impact point as field tips.
casper

Post by casper »

I shoot Gold Tip Lazer 2's brass inserts 125gr heads. right helical predator vanes. But it really doesn't matter, I have yet to find something that shoots bad from my bow. :D
Last edited by casper on Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

First welcome, any arrow will do good as long as it's 350grs. or more, learn about your bow by shooting it, it's the bad boy as far as I'M concerned, customize later have fun

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
Big John

Post by Big John »

I shoot everything from my Big boys. All weights shoot very good. I find the heavier, the quieter though.
You will still get great shooting from a heavier arrow, Better KE and more stability. But you will give up a little speed.
Worth it as far as I'm concerned. I have a set of 2219's right now weighing in at 530 gr. with 100 gr. head. They shoot excellent and pound the heck out of targets, and Big animals. :wink: But if you want a good average ,for speed and stability and KE combined, I would go with around 400 to 430 gr. Carbons. Just my Opinion mind you.

John
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Heavier arrow: Less noise, more kinetic energy, less serving wear, more trajectory.
Lighter arrow: Faster, more serving wear, flatter flight, harder on bow if too light.

I'm using GT Lazer IIs, 110 gr brass insert, Blazer vanes, 100 gr Slick trick for Vortex. Just upped the head to 125 for the Equinox I had. The latter gave me a 430 gr arrow with 20% FOC. Great flight and, most importantly, terminal performance.
Welcome home.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
Horizontal Hunter

Post by Horizontal Hunter »

Cossack wrote:Heavier arrow: Less noise, more kinetic energy, less serving wear, more trajectory.
Lighter arrow: Faster, more serving wear, flatter flight, harder on bow if too light.

I'm using GT Lazer IIs, 110 gr brass insert, Blazer vanes, 100 gr Slick trick for Vortex. Just upped the head to 125 for the Equinox I had. The latter gave me a 430 gr arrow with 20% FOC. Great flight and, most importantly, terminal performance.
Welcome home.
I shoot the same arrow out of my Exocet. After a passthru I normally find the arrow buried in the ground up to the fletchings unless I hit a rock or a root.

Bob
Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter.
Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire
Tenn. Equinox

Post by Tenn. Equinox »

2117 aluminum Gamegetters with 110 grain brass insert, 2 " Fuse vanes, 100 grain Slick tricks, or Excal. mechanicals. All hit with 100gr. field tips.
2 inch group at 60 yds. :wink:
Tenn.

Equinox