anti dry-fire system for excalibur crossbows.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Mister B

Re: anti dry-fire system for excalibur crossbows.

Post by Mister B »

It is interesting to see all the comments about dry-fire systems and it seems that one opinion is that dryfiring an excal is not dangerous, except to the bow...BULL... the last time I witnessed the dryfire of a Vixen while sighting in the scope, the string flew off the bow and traveled twenty or thirty feet. Had one of my grandkids been standing on the opposite side of that bow, that string was traveling at such speed it could have easily slapped an eye out.. IMHO that ranks as dangerous..and anything we can do to make this sport safer the better. I have one of the anti-dryfire mechanisms from ARC-INTER coming and will test it and let you know the results. In the meantime go to his web site and view his video....this thing is so simple it looks too good to be true.
http://www.arcinter.com/en/featured_products/index.html
Micro nightmare (Mini Pearl)
Matrix 355 (the Shrike)
Matrix 330 (the Mini-Mag)
Rage Extreme & slick trick mag BH
Diablo arrows with 2"blazers and Laser II and
BE executioners with 3" Duravanes
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Target practise, hunting, shooting bows or guns carries some risk. For excalibur to put an anti dry fire device on the bows it would mean that if we did something questionable it could come back to haunt them. I can see why they would be reluctant to do it. And even if it were offered I wouldnt put one on my bow. Murphys law: it would malfunction no matter how simple. And with my luck it would be when that 12 pointer comes out at 20 yards :lol:
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Tom

Post by Tom »

Mister B wrote:It is interesting to see all the comments about dry-fire systems and it seems that one opinion is that dryfiring an excal is not dangerous, except to the bow...BULL... the last time I witnessed the dryfire of a Vixen while sighting in the scope, the string flew off the bow and traveled twenty or thirty feet. Had one of my grandkids been standing on the opposite side of that bow, that string was traveling at such speed it could have easily slapped an eye out.. IMHO that ranks as dangerous..and anything we can do to make this sport safer the better. I have one of the anti-dryfire mechanisms from ARC-INTER coming and will test it and let you know the results. In the meantime go to his web site and view his video....this thing is so simple it looks too good to be true.
http://www.arcinter.com/en/featured_products/index.html

Mister B ..... I agree that we should do all that we can to make this sport safer. This is why I DO NOT BELIEVE IN THE ANTI-DRY FIRE for crossbows. To put any amount of trust into a mechanical device is not being safe. Mechanical devices will fail, we just never know when that will happen or what causes it to happen. This is also why you never point a loaded weapon (gun or bow) in an UNSAFE direction.

I hope that this does not make you angry ,,,,, but your Dry-fire was not the fault of the bow, but the fault of the shooter (inattentiveness). If a shooter pays attention to HIS/HER safety procedures, follows the correct steps and is in constant awareness there should NEVER be a dryfire . PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

Adding another mechanical device can cause greater problems down the road. I have know friends that could not shoot becuase of one of these at their trophy deer, it had jammed.

Great bow, keep it the same.
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]