Hunting theories make no sense

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Limbs and Sticks

Re: Hunting theories make no sense

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

If you figure it all out, and know what's going to happen before it does, as B.B kING would say the thrill is gone,that means no more fun.

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
wabi

Post by wabi »

Maybe they can read the game laws! :lol:
wabi
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

They're messin' with your head. They know no one so attired/geared up would be actually hunting 'em. :D
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
secret

Post by secret »

One guy i know duck hunts,has a steath 1200 boat,camo motor,decoys,camo gun,waders,the whole deal....never kills any ducks!!! my other friend has a red canoe wears blue jeans, fishes till he gets close enough to ducks....picks up a black old shotgun, kills his limit ever time. you think ducks avoid camo? i do!!!!
Exocet 200
gt lazer 2 [turkey] gt lazer 4 [deer]
wasp sst hammers
groundpounder
lumizone
ff string
Gwens Dilemma

Post by Gwens Dilemma »

One of my mentors told me a long time ago that "It's a good thing we're hunting them (deer) and they're not hunting us" :wink:
Dave
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

That is very interesting, Gwen,. Watch out folks, maybe they are getting ready to rebel, LOL. I think I will stay inside for a while, HEHEHEHE.
Raymond
Adam

Post by Adam »

It reminds me of a duck hunt last season. We floated a creek around here and got our limits of ducks but only got 2 geese right by the launch. The rest of the way down we could not sneak up on any Canada's to save our lives.

The following day geese were closed but ducks still open. We were able to get within sling shot range and even pass through flocks of geese. They were even taunting us with those low fly bys. I am positive I saw one stick its tongue out at me.
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Bugs, if you ever get it figured out let me know, and I'll cancel the order on those special t-shirts! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
casper

Post by casper »

Two seasons ago, I was up in a stand 15ft, just before dark, missed the deer but hit the tree dead on. Anyway I got down and got my arrow and the rest of my gear, then I thought,well I still have some time so I went back up the tree. It wasn't even 3 mi. later and more deer walked all over where I was just at, it did'nt bother them at all. I did get to redeam myself with a perfect shot on a small doe. I'm glad I went back up. :D
casper

Post by casper »

The best advice I can give is just get out there. Don't worry about every little thing having to be just right, just have fun and enjoy the outdoors. Your odds are better if everything is just right, but if you wait for that you might not hunt much. :mrgreen:
Last edited by casper on Wed May 05, 2010 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
DirtyGun

Post by DirtyGun »

I know a couple seasons ago, someone posted a picture on another forum of a doe sniffing their hand, during turkey season.

I think they have calendars. :wink:
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

squirrel hunting is the sameway.. when deer hunting you will see thousands of them. Actaully go and hunt them and you see NONE!