Globe and Mail Newspaper/Sniper

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

swiftfox

Globe and Mail Newspaper/Sniper

Post by swiftfox »

Did any one have a chance to read the Globe today. A3 had an article on the new longest sniper shot.A British Army corporal by the name of Craig Harrison shot two Taliban fighters at a distance of 2.47km (8,120 ft). This puts our Canadian forces Army Corporal in second place. The third place goes to an American Marine Corps Gunner from the Vietnam War who goes bye the nickname White Feather. (ringing any bells yet?) I think this is the same White Feather who posts on this forum. I may be wrong, perhaps some off our American friends can help out with this question.

Swiftfox :D :D
Be the kind of Woman that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the Devil says "Oh! crap She's up"
bdog

Re: Globe and Mail Newspaper/Sniper

Post by bdog »

Yeah man,now thats what I call gun control.....
http://autumnbreezebrittanys.com
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

The Marine Sniper in third place you are referring to as White Feather or Long Trang is none other than the legendary Gunnery Sgt. Carlos Hathcock . During his tours of duty in Vietnam he had 93 confirmed kills and countless unconfirmed kills .

The White feather we have on the forum would not be Gunnery Sgt. Hathcock . Gunny Hathcock passed away Feb 23 , 1999 .

I have read many books and articles about this man. He was one hell of a scout sniper and a true hero.
swiftfox

Post by swiftfox »

Thanks Farmer. I was not sure if it was the same person.

Swiftfox
Be the kind of Woman that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the Devil says "Oh! crap She's up"
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

I read the book by Carlos, FANTASTIC stuff.
Also saw the canadian shot dramatized on history channel. 1.5 miles is a l o n g shot, even if it originates from a 50 BMG.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!