quietest crossbow on the market

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bponb

quietest crossbow on the market

Post by bponb »

Hey all, I am new to this forum and would like to say hello. I have a question.

What would you consider the quietest crossbow on the market. I have an old Horton crossbow and am looking to upgrade and figure that they have made leaps and bounds since my last purchase.

Opinions please......
gerald strine

Re: quietest crossbow on the market

Post by gerald strine »

Some may be quieter than others but none are quiet enough to fool game.
If you want a cross bow that is easy to keep shooting /fast/dependable/ accurate/ good trigger system/great looking and comes with the best customer service get a Excalibur.
But it will still make a lot of noise when you pull the trigger compared to a vertical bow.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Even the quietest crossbow on the market is going to sound like a learjet to game, noise is in the eye of the beholder, for that reason when I am taking serious shots I like to wear a pair of Peltor "Shotgunners". The reduction in noise lets me concentrate on what my bow is doing, I already know what it is saying.
There is no "quiet" bow, there are those that are quieter than others, but the difference is so minimal it isn't worth comparing for any practical purposes.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

none.. i gave up looking.. if its gonna be loud, I want fast;)

if you want quiet, pick up a Mathews or Hoyt bow;)
Boo

Post by Boo »

The Scorpyd RDT 125 is the most quiet I've shot. It is as quiet as my Hoyt compound bows. It will spit out a 350 gr arrow at 380 ft/sec and do so with great accuracy. Only problem is that it is a compound. Like all compounds one wrong move and your hunt is over. I had a partial dry-fire which ruined my string and cables as well as one cam. :shock:
What Gerald says is right, no bow is going to fool game that is standing in front of you. The Excaliburs are the best!
Having said that quiet is of some use.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
roly

Post by roly »

I have two family members that shoot hortons and a best friend
they have all replaced the limbs at least once at there own cost.

In my mind there is no such thing as a quiet xbow

but thats JMHO.
Dereck

Post by Dereck »

Get an Excalibur and you will have the bow that will support all your hunting needs well into the future if not forever.
You can quiet these down some but not enough to be taking long shots a game they will hear it coming no matter what you do.
Tenpoint Matrix
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

No such thing, wait for the right shot and be able to hit what you aim at and quiet won't matter to anything but you

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
hetichunter

Post by hetichunter »

when i first got my excal i posted the same thing here on the forum....

if you are used to a quiet compound the excal sounds like a gun going off....

after a week of shooting the thing you seem to forget all about the noise as the arrow keeps hitting the bullseye......
If it isn't hectic, it isn't hunting!
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

I agree with Hectichunter. My bow is loud - no dampening on it at all, not even whiskers as I'm trying to get as much speed as possible out of my Vixen. At first shot it feels & sounds pretty loud, but it doesn't take long to get use to it at all.

I've also shot the Scorpyd - it's very fast, smooth, and surprisingly quiet!

Personally, I'd really rather not own a compound. The Excaliburs are rugged and reliable - I won't ever have to worry about a twig caught in the cams when I'm out in the woods.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
bkisel

Post by bkisel »

Pydpiper wrote:Even the quietest crossbow on the market is going to sound like a learjet to game, noise is in the eye of the beholder, for that reason when I am taking serious shots I like to wear a pair of Peltor "Shotgunners". The reduction in noise lets me concentrate on what my bow is doing, I already know what it is saying.
There is no "quiet" bow, there are those that are quieter than others, but the difference is so minimal it isn't worth comparing for any practical purposes.
Pydpiper,

Shouldn't that be ... " noise is in the [ear] of the beholder". :)

Please don't feel you need to get back at me for the remark. My wife hates when I do something like this to her and believe me she more than gets back at me!!! :)

Take care...
md2tx

Post by md2tx »

I just sold my horton team realtree and got a excalibur phoenix. My horton sounded like a .22 going off, I couldn't stand it, after shooting my new phoenix with STS on it, I can tell you from my experience the excal is WAY!!! Quieter. I was very very pleased with it