Turkey recipes ?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xbhntr

Turkey recipes ?

Post by xbhntr »

Just skinned out my tom and put it on ice. Planning to Deep Fryer it. Any directions to follow ,inject a marinade ,or amount of time required to fry ? I'd appreciate any deep fryer turkey recipes . Ray
Cossack

Re: Turkey recipes ?

Post by Cossack »

Anything I've tried-except jerky-was disappointing when compared to their tame cousins. The ones we shoot do a lot of walking, running and flying, don't have an ounce of fat on 'em and are several years old. None of these is synonymous with making 'em tender. I cooked the hind quarter of a 26 lb breeder tom for 24hrs- in a crock pot-before throwing it away as inedible. The jerky I made from the rest of it was awesome.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

I normally save the breast only.You can slice it and chicken fry it.It is good that way. Or you can cube it(fairly large cubes like stew meat) and marinate it in the marinade of your choice,wrap the marinated cubes in about 1/3 piece of bacon and put it on a skewer and grill it. They are REAL good that way. The bacon keeps them from drying out.I have used terriaki to marinate with and included pineapple chuncks on the skewers. Allegro marinade is good also.When I was a youngster,my dad would not hear of skinning a turkey. He said that it let the meat dry out when you cook it so we picked all of our turkeys that we got.It nearly turned me against hunting turkeys. Do you know how big a pile of feathers you have after you get one picked!!! Some of the wing feathers and tail feathers are tough to get out. You get them ONE at a time.Picking a turkey is a job that I dont want to do any more, but they did cook up nice.
secret

Post by secret »

Sausage in the stuffing....pin bacon on the outside...cook slow !!!!!
Exocet 200
gt lazer 2 [turkey] gt lazer 4 [deer]
wasp sst hammers
groundpounder
lumizone
ff string
dutchhunter

Post by dutchhunter »

bone out the breast and cut it in to one inch cubes then covewr with egge and milk then dip in fish crisp or bread crumbs then deep fry fpor three minutes yummmy tender .we us the legs for soup just do it the same as chicken soup very good DUTCH
addicted to canadian beaver
ncstan

Post by ncstan »

I cut the turkery in bite size cubes.Then marinate overnight in ranch dressing.I then flour the bite size pieces and fry golden brown.Everyone that has tryed this loves it.Stan
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

I cook the legs, and then de-bone them. They're great in stew, with potatoes, carrots, and wild leeks.

I always marinate the breast - Italian salad dressing is good. I've cubed and fried the breast. I've also left it whole, floured and browned it quickly then put it in the slowcooker with extra chicken or turkey stock - adding at least a cup of stock seems to help keep it moist. This year I want to try the bacon wrapped bits - that sounds delish!
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
carvedtip

Post by carvedtip »

Everyone around here plucks em and deep fry em and that includes me. The Rio's taste great.
shaftthrower

Post by shaftthrower »

Cossack wrote:Anything I've tried-except jerky-was disappointing when compared to their tame cousins. The ones we shoot do a lot of walking, running and flying, don't have an ounce of fat on 'em and are several years old. None of these is synonymous with making 'em tender. I cooked the hind quarter of a 26 lb breeder tom for 24hrs- in a crock pot-before throwing it away as inedible. The jerky I made from the rest of it was awesome.