ever hear a rabbit grunt

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

munch

ever hear a rabbit grunt

Post by munch »

sounds stupid but i was out turkey hunting this morning when a cotton tail came to within 3 feet of the tree i was sitting at. when he looked up and saw me he made a grunt noise and hopped to my right a few feet and did it again. i have never heard that before and would think it was BS if someone told me the story has anyone ever seen this before
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
ninepointer

Re: ever hear a rabbit grunt

Post by ninepointer »

That's a new one, but I believe you Munch. I've always said that hunters get to witness things that the rest of the population might only see on the Discovery Channel.
Slick Trick 100 gr. Standard broadheads
Groundpounder Quiver Mount
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Was all the action on one end, Munch? :?:

Maybe the poor thing was--**grunt**--constipated. :!: :shock:

:P :P :lol: :lol: :wink: :wink:
Grizz
munch

Post by munch »

Grizzly Adam wrote:Was all the action on one end, Munch? :?:

Maybe the poor thing was--**grunt**--constipated. :!: :shock:

:P :P :lol: :lol: :wink: :wink:
we thing a like i thought maybe like the old mair he eat to many oats
munch wrote:sounds stupid but i was out turkey hunting this morning when a cotton tail came to within 3 feet of the tree i was sitting at. when he looked up and saw me he made a grunt noise and hopped to my right a few feet and did it again. i have never heard that before and would think it was BS if someone told me the story has anyone ever seen this before
derek this is a strange field i'm hunting check these 2 pics one is my setup then look very close at what i called in.also called 2 2 year olds in but they would not come within 60 yards of this monster :lol:
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts facebook
dutchhunter

Post by dutchhunter »

nice rooster haha any turkeys sounding off in the morning now .i was out scouting this am and heard two toms go off at first light then shut right up DUTCH
addicted to canadian beaver
maple

Post by maple »

Doesn't sound stupid at all.

My daughter has a pet rabbit that wheezes, grunts, sneezes and coughs. Not often mind you, but they do make strange noises. Thump thump thump.

What is eeriest of all is when they are hurt. They cry just like a human baby. That's downright scarey!
munch

Post by munch »

maple wrote:Doesn't sound stupid at all.

My daughter has a pet rabbit that wheezes, grunts, sneezes and coughs. Not often mind you, but they do make strange noises. Thump thump thump.

What is eeriest of all is when they are hurt. They cry just like a human baby. That's downright scarey!
maple this is my very best rabbit story. i once saw a rabbit bloody my cousins nose .when we where kids we where too small to have guns i was maybe 8 or 9 and my brother about 12 my dad brought my brother a ferret and let him hunt with that.my mother gave him an old purse and he put the ferret in the purse and the purse under his coat and away we would go rabbit hunting. one day my cousin stopped by and he wanted to go.with us he was
a little older than i was but not as old as my brother .anyhow we got out in the bush and found fresh tracks going in a hole.there where 3 holes so we needed joe to cover one i covered the other and my brother put his ferret in the last hole .we told joe to place his hands in the hole and wait till he heard thunder from the rabbit coming out of the hole. he had his face right down in the hole looking between his hands and the rabbit came out of the hole so fast he did not grab it and it went right threw his hands and hit him in the face so hard it rolled him backwards in the snow.scared the chit out of him and when he stood up there was blood every where .we laughed our heads off and he never went again. i think it was the next year my brothers buddy was given a 410 to hunt with but my brother still had the ferret they went back behind our hose on an old rail bed and my brother would put his ferret in the hole and when the rabbits would run out his buddy would shoot them.this day the rabbit ran out but ran at my brother his buddy was leading the rabbit and pulled the trigger just at the rabbit got to my brother that was 40 years ago and i remember we where eating supper when a farmer brought my brother in the back door covered in blood.and just like yesterday i remember the look on my moms face and my brother never shed a tear just looked at her and said don't worry mom i only got shot. he died a few years ago at 48 but every once in a while he would have another pellet work it's way to the surface of his face or neck and he would go in and have it taken out
also that was the end of ferrets in my mothers house
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts facebook
Normous

Post by Normous »

We have a pet rabbit called Alona who is house and litter trained and stays indoors all winter. She is very vocal and issues all sorts of grunts of different kinds depending on the situation, happy, upset, alarmed or inquisitive. What you heard was correct.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

enormous wrote:We have a pet rabbit called Alona who is house and litter trained and stays indoors all winter. She is very vocal and issues all sorts of grunts of different kinds depending on the situation, happy, upset, alarmed or inquisitive. What you heard was correct.
Have to come visit you, is it ok if I bring my beagles. LOL
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

I like the ferret story . . . LOL.

I caught a couple of grunting fish last weekend . . .does that count? :lol:
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
theoldarcher

Post by theoldarcher »

Found this on the internet.

There are two types of grunts. The most common one is when they are angry. It usually means the rabbit sis getting so mad he may be getting ready to bite something or someone. It's frustration, just like people. How mad he is can be read by his ear position, too. If they are facing sideways and the points of the ears are up or slightly lowered back, he's giving you a warning. If they are backward and down and those ear points are lowered way back, you're getting bit real soon!

The other type of grunting is often heard when eating their food or playing with a toy. It's more like a pig grunt, not an angry grunt. It's kind of like being frustrated they can't eat fast enough for their liking. Unless, you are staring at them while they eat, then it could go back to their being angry at you and wanting some privacy so they feel safer while they eat.

I think the main reason that we have a hard time hereing them grunt is because the noise of the shotgun going off covers it up. :shock: :lol: