Thanks to all

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

SwampFox

Thanks to all

Post by SwampFox »

I just wanted to say thank you to all who have written on this forum and given others advice... I must have read close to 350 of the postings over the past 5 months deciding on what brand of CB to purchase. After doing my research and reading as much as I could , I chose the Equinox and the smile has not left my face. Your forum helped me get what I needed and the people associated with Excal. are top notch. I am in law enforcement and every chance I get I am either hunting or fishing .... ..I am getting ready to remove some ground hogs from the farm with it next weekend. Oh.. I went and purchased about 5' of 3/8" vinyl tubing. I cut the tubing into four 1' pieces. After taking down the limbs and after a little grunting I was able to slide two down into each side of the hollow area of the CB.. it quieted down the twang a bunch.. Thanks again !!
bearclan

Re: Thanks to all

Post by bearclan »

good to see another proud owner, i just recieved a exocet for xmas last year and killed 3 deer with it at the tail end of last deer season and 2 turkeys this spring; what an excellent piece of hunting equpiment :D I coated the inside of the stock and cheek piece with thick layer of black Permatex Automotive rtv silicone and this cut down onthe hollow plasticky sound but it added some weight,this thing is getting heavy with all the darn accesories you can put on let me tell you! have fun and shoot it often!
09 Exocet 200
Vortex Crossbow scope
D- lux Munch mount
Big John's Custom Arrows
STS
bkisel

Post by bkisel »

:) Five months to decide what brand to purchase? If we were really doing our job here that should have only taken you five minutes. Now which Excalibur to buy... That could easily take five months to decide!! :)

Anyhow, best of luck with your new Crossbow.

Bill K.
SwampFox

Post by SwampFox »

hahaha yea it took me a while.. have a few buddies that I hunt with that use CBs..... I was using compound. I enjoyed it until I shattered my elbow so I was new to whole CB scene..I had that bow since I was in middle school and it still had wheels/ no cams so the let off was hurting the arm after shooting for a while.. it still killed deer and I loved using the "fossil" but I was ready for a change.. i just wanted to make sure I had my facts and was making the best choice on companies. I did. I ended up choosing the Equinox. Looking forward to ordering some Boo strings in the future.

Thanks for the welcome Bearclan and Bill.

Chad
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

Welcome aboard, there's no wrong choice on which excal one may get, but I like the power of the bad boys.

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
carvedtip

Post by carvedtip »

The problem is once you acquire your first excalibur you start looking for your second. :D
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Its also the friends you make along the way. And, here it gets no better. :D