Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Carnivorous

Walleye O/T

Post by Carnivorous »

Thought I would share this.

4th & 5th place Detroit River walleye!!

I was sporting my worn out excal hat.

A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
wabi

Re: Walleye O/T

Post by wabi »

Nice fish!

Fishing has been slow here this week. Tried to catch some catfish last night and came home empty-handed. Took the fly rod to the lake tonight and caught one bluegill. :roll: :( It was still fun. 8)
wabi
carvedtip

Post by carvedtip »

Great looking "eyes"
Shotnbeer

Post by Shotnbeer »

I'm going on a fly in trip fishing trip to NW Ontario the end of the month for walleye and pike. Place called Bow and Otaskwin Lake. Any tips on what lures to use. Tea colored warter. Thanks.
Dunn14

Post by Dunn14 »

Shotnbeer wrote:I'm going on a fly in trip fishing trip to NW Ontario the end of the month for walleye and pike. Place called Bow and Otaskwin Lake. Any tips on what lures to use. Tea colored warter. Thanks.
My favourite lures for pike are a spinnerbait with a mister twister on the hook, a mepps black fury with yellow dots, a scumfrog, or a red devil spoon. pike are not picky but these lures seem to work the best. For walleye, use jigs, or worm harnesses with bottom bouncers.
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Red Devils were the king of pike lures back when I used to fish. The yellow with black diamonds was 2nd best. If neither was working, we'd take the no-fail, beat up old gray rubbery fish which was so mutilated by pike teeth that it hardly resembled a fish anymore, that that would get 'em. I miss pike fishing!
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

Nice fish !!
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

Very nice I caught 3 sunday along with some crappie and sand bass. but my wallys were not near that big......nice ones Bell River dude.. :wink:

minus a a treble hook stuck in my hand :oops: it was a great day...
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!