need more letters, NY crossbows

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

sits in trees

need more letters, NY crossbows

Post by sits in trees »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

According to Assemblyman Sweeney's office they have 150 to 50+- letters in opposition to the crossbow.
According to a very connected DEC employee he stated ; sportsmen are talking between themsevles but they are not sending in letters of support.

I have to agree with the later statement as I've seen more chatter on the internet forums than support letters.

So, tell all your friends to fill up these 2 guys email ,fax and phone before Monday to let them know there are more than a handfull fo people who actually pay attention.

Tell them this. Make the Xbow legal,no restrictions,let the DEC decide where to use it at. PERIOD

Senator Antoine Thompson,
Chairman of Environmental Conservation Committee

902 LOB, Albany, NY 12247
Phone:518.455.3371
Buffalo Office: 716.854.8705
e-mail: [email protected]

Assemblyman Robert K. Sweeney,
Chairman of Environmental Conservation Committee.
622 LOB
Albany, NY 12248
Phone: 518.455.5787
District Office: 631.957.2087
e-mail: [email protected].
liaf

Re: need more letters, NY crossbows

Post by liaf »

Previously emailed my local assemblyman and state senator and I just emailed the head of the enviro. comm. for the state senate and assembly. There are a lot of rumors that this bill was defeated or died in committee last week but on friday the 11th my assembly returned my email to let me know that he appreciated my involvement and would carefully look at the bill. My local assemblyman is on the enviro. comm which is probably why I got some type of acknowledgement.Lets see what happens.
Vortex, Boo String, Zeiss Z-Point --Phoenix, Boo String, Zeiss Z-Point.
sits in trees

Post by sits in trees »

liaf wrote:Previously emailed my local assemblyman and state senator and I just emailed the head of the enviro. comm. for the state senate and assembly. There are a lot of rumors that this bill was defeated or died in committee last week but on friday the 11th my assembly returned my email to let me know that he appreciated my involvement and would carefully look at the bill. My local assemblyman is on the enviro. comm which is probably why I got some type of acknowledgement.Lets see what happens.
yea this is a differant version of the bill, there are several bills pending from what i understand...
secret

Post by secret »

Does anyone remember when compounds first came out???? i do and this same stuff happened!!!! just pass crossbows!!!!! so i can hunt in NY!!!!! NY ............. want my money??????? then let me use my Favorite weapon of choice!!! if not there are other states to spend my $$$$$$$$$ hunting[OK]
Exocet 200
gt lazer 2 [turkey] gt lazer 4 [deer]
wasp sst hammers
groundpounder
lumizone
ff string
ninepointer

Post by ninepointer »

Silly me, now I've done it! I've done gone got myself into this ridiculous debate! :roll: :roll: :roll:
http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1237779
Slick Trick 100 gr. Standard broadheads
Groundpounder Quiver Mount
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

ninepointer wrote:Silly me, now I've done it! I've done gone got myself into this ridiculous debate! :roll: :roll: :roll:
http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1237779
LOl... too hard to resist isn't?

That "willie" guy sure knows his stuff. ;)
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
ninepointer

Post by ninepointer »

Woody Williams wrote: That "willie" guy sure knows his stuff. ;)
Anybody who appreciates the genius of Calvin & Hobbes obviously operates on a higher level :wink:
Slick Trick 100 gr. Standard broadheads
Groundpounder Quiver Mount
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

ninepointer wrote:
Woody Williams wrote: That "willie" guy sure knows his stuff. ;)
Anybody who appreciates the genius of Calvin & Hobbes obviously operates on a higher level :wink:
The very best cartoon - EVER..
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]