The "Archers" are already enjoying crossbows in Oklahoma!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Grizzly Adam

Re: The "Archers" are already enjoying crossbows in Oklahoma

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Date: 16-Jun-10:

I have been around three differant guys with crossbows. None of them could keep their arrows or bolts in a 10" circle at 20 yards. One of them was a long time friend that I know can shoot a rifle well, and could do real good with his compound till his shoulder went out. He took the crossbow back to Basspro and they could not get it to shoot right. He got his money back. Now the real question. Does Mathews make a crossbow? C.J.

:shock: :shock:

LOL

:P :P :lol: :lol:
Grizz
CDN Taxman

Post by CDN Taxman »

I belong to a forum that has a guy from Kentucky who really doesn't like them either. He says that handicapped people down there can use them and that is it.

I know there's some battles down in the various states but they are legal here and as I've said before, I don't care if it's legal to run them down with your truck.....if it's legal, it's legal.

Personally I got in to the crossbow because I don't have the time to practice with my vertical so this makes the most, ethical sense to me.

These people with real beefs against crossbows, really need to sit back and chill out.

Mike
2008 Excalibur Equinox
Groundpounder Mount
NGSS

Post by Sinker402 »

These are people that hunt on limited public lands. The Majority of the hunting takes place on private or hunting leased land here in Oklahoma. The population of deer is growing faster than what is harvested each year by hunters.
Pinpoint

Post by Pinpoint »

it is funny to me that in that thread, the compound guys are bickering with the long and recurve guys! :lol:

In a thread about crossbow inclusion they still fight amongst themselves!

They will soon see that there will be no real negative impacts from crossbows. I just wish we would all see our hunting brothers as just that, no matter what way we coose to hunt. For me its about how I feel when I'm in the woods, not whats in my hands!!! :D
2016 Matrix 350LE, Munchmount, RBB, Hawke XB1
Wolverine, Munchmount
Vixenmaster Strings
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Pinpoint wrote:it is funny to me that in that thread, the compound guys are bickering with the long and recurve guys! :lol: In a thread about crossbow inclusion they still fight amongst themselves!
I was actually a member on the Leatherwall for a while, but I very soon got weary of the elitist attitudes and all the sniping done toward people who didn't shoot stickbows.

Can't stand that sort of attitude ... can't stand it, can't stand it, can't stand it! :( :? :(

This is the only forum I've ever remained an active part of for any length of time, and the reason I stayed was the unusually gracious atmosphere.

The Excal forum has been and still is a special place. :D
Grizz
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Nothing new there, just the same old selfish b.s.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Same old stuff. Note the reference to "OUR DEER." Primary motivation for anti crossbow seems to keep folks out out of THEIR woods. :D
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!