Moultrie camera ???

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Rich

Moultrie camera ???

Post by Rich »

I have a Moultrie Camera (Model DGW-100), it is a couple years old but I've never used it because I can't get the SD Cards to load. I usually get any one of 3 different error codes. 1. Memory card full, 2. Card Locked or 3. The card will show I have room for 5 pictures.

I've sent Moultrie an email with no response yet and their customer service line has a wait of 45 minutes. I have tried formatting (265M and 2G) new cards without success.

Any ideas????

Thanks Rich
crazyfarmer

Re: Moultrie camera ???

Post by crazyfarmer »

maybe format the cards? Are they all the same brand memory card? I know some cards work and some dont for some cameras... but i wouldnt waste money on cards getting one that works. My advice would be to get a different camera, but thats just me.... many swear by them, but most have the service issues you are talking about after a little while.

its a buttload of good cameras out now for 139-199bucks which i know u are aware of;)!
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

I had the same problem and i stopped messing with it and put it on the shelf..
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
Rich

Post by Rich »

I just called Moultrie for the 10th time with no response. I'm like you Hoss I am just ready to junk it.

CF- The new Cuddeback and Bushnell cameras work great, thanks for your inputs on them. I figured since I was putting them out I could get a little more coverage, but it's not worth the hassle dealing with Moultrie.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

i use the sandisk ultra or ultra extremes in my cameras... its the only card I trust. They are fast cards also. In store they are 30bucks but on ebay you can find them for 10bucks.. go figure
warningshot

Post by warningshot »

scandisk cards work best in my bushnell and steath cams ...make sure the camera and card size match..some older cams can only handle upto 1gb
wabi

Post by wabi »

I bought a Bushnell cam last year and have had no problems with it. Both Kingston & SanDisk cards (SD card) work fine, and the 2GB cards can be had on eBay for very low price.

The feature I like best with the Bushnell is the battery life! Weeks of service with NiMH rechargables (it takes 8AAs, but will work with 4). I'm thinking of buying lithium camera batteries this year. They claim extended IR flash range with them and months of service from a set.
wabi
Rich

Post by Rich »

Thanks Bob, I'll give that a try. I tried Moultrie again several times yesterday, I was customer 16 with an estimated 67 minute wait. I called back and started punching buttons until a human picked up, they sent me back to the same recording as before. Called back again and asked to speak to a supervisor and whoever answered took my number and said a tech would call me.....no calls yet.

Rich
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

Rich wrote:Thanks Bob, I'll give that a try. I tried Moultrie again several times yesterday, I was customer 16 with an estimated 67 minute wait. I called back and started punching buttons until a human picked up, they sent me back to the same recording as before. Called back again and asked to speak to a supervisor and whoever answered took my number and said a tech would call me.....no calls yet.

Rich
Rich below is the link you need for your problem, e-mail Francis, she will get back to you. Moultrie are as good as any out there, and they don't hurt your wallet, this link is for everyone.

[email protected]

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

Limbs and Bolts wrote:
Moultrie are as good as any out there,
Wes
A friend has one and he loves his so no doubt they have some good cams.
Last edited by crazyfarmer on Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boo

Post by Boo »

Rich, have you tried to email Francis? My Moultrie takes awesome pics, hasn't screwed up and the batteries last.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Limbs and Sticks

Only a few on here can take a helpful tip and turn it into a product bashing.
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
onmedic

Post by onmedic »

not sure about that model but i have 3 IR 40's and i love them. been using them for 3 years. Amazing battery life here in Ontario Canada through winter. I'm currently swapping back and forth from lexar to shikaflash to adata with no problems at all.
I've just now ran into my first problem. Display screen went caputes. I sent moultrie an email and two days later they asked for my mailing address. Shipping one for free, my warranty is way out. great customer service to do that.
Sorry your having trouble, i'm experiencing the opposite thank goodness
Elite Archery
I want to be like Bill
FROW
Ontario Monster Whitetail Magazine
"Beasleys" Canada In The Rough
tracer

Post by tracer »

I'm waiting for my new Moultrie D55 to arrive in the mail soon. By all reports, it's a great cam for the money, $140 shipped from Cabella's Canada. I've seen the( reviews) nice colour day/night pics and battery life is great too. I will post some pics as soon as I get it into action.
Authorized Dealer for SPYPOINT, SPARTAN, BADLANDS GEAR, KLYMIT, FENIX,
whitetailscrossing.com
Limbs and Sticks

crazyfarmer wrote:
Limbs and Bolts wrote:
Moultrie are as good as any out there,
Wes
A friend has one and he loves his so no doubt they have some good cams.

Amazing, this sure isn't what you said Fri, but 8.27 Sat you have no doubts they have some good cams, Amazing, others read the same thing
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers