Ground Blind

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Raymond

Ground Blind

Post by Raymond »

What do you think about the Ameristep Dog House Blind for Deer and Turkey Hunting with a Crossbow? Thanks for your opinion.
Raymond
RichJ

Re: Ground Blind

Post by RichJ »

If you do a search on the Doghouse blind on this forum you will find a gazillion and one threads about how good the blind is. After doing some research and a lot of feedback here I picked one up myself this spring. I have used it while checking out a few of my spots. The set up takes about 30 seconds. Packing it up takes some practice but a couple of times and it's a breeze. Much faster than setting up my Lone Wolf climber and making noise climbing.
bkisel

Post by bkisel »

Hi,

If you're asking the question with respect to room for shooting a crossbow from inside the blind you should do just fine. I had to press an Outhouse blind into service for Spring Turkey and by sitting as far back in the blind as I could I was able to shoot out the front (but just barely).
bbbwb

Post by bbbwb »

They are very good. They set up quickly, take down easily and offer room fro a crossbow and plenty of room for firearm.

bbbwb
Galgo

Post by Galgo »

Shot 5 deer out of mine in 3 years
wabi

Post by wabi »

They're all I've ever used (I do have one of another brand but similar set-up & slightly larger), and I've never had any problems getting off a shot with my Excalibur.
I (we) do have a rehearsed procedure I use when my son is in the blind with me. If a deer I'd like to shoot comes in to the area while he's in the blind with me he is to quietly move to a position where he's out of danger from the movement of the limbs. We discuss the location he is to move to before the hunt begins, and understands the potential for an accident and is very cooperative.
wabi
warningshot

Post by warningshot »

last year i sat in one of those and couldn't believe how much warmer they are compared to sitting in a tree.....the deer didn't like the sound of snow slidding off of it
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

The DogHouse is good value for the money. A hub-style blind is nicer, but also more expensive and heavier to haul around. I'm very happy with our DogHouse blinds!
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
tracer

Post by tracer »

I just purchased a Dog House blind this spring and have had it setup in the woods for a month now. Hoping to get some video footage over the summer.

Authorized Dealer for SPYPOINT, SPARTAN, BADLANDS GEAR, KLYMIT, FENIX,
whitetailscrossing.com
TYE

Post by TYE »

I found the Ameristep Brickhouse to be way better, more expensive but I love this blind. Way more room and way more windows plus corner windows. I have to draw my bow weird in the doghouse but in the brickhouse I have plenty more room.