moose hunt backup plan

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

munch

moose hunt backup plan

Post by munch »

well i put in first choice archery bull and as a second choice riffle bull.i'm in pool 1 and have my fingers crossed that myself or brother get a tag for bow. but if it's a riffle tag we get i was going to buy a new rifle and was talking to a buddy about a savage combo 300 mag. he told me he had a like new 7600 rem in 3006 that has shot only enough shells to site it in and he was thinking of selling it .also said it's a carbine witch i prefer.
then 5 minutes latter he tells me he was thinking about buying a new trailer for behind his truck.so the hoarse trade is on .i did some welding this weekend and just need to wire the lights and he will finish the floor and sides.all in all we are both happy .although i think i got the better deal because he is the kind of freind that i would have built it free if he supplyed the material. here are a couple pics
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
bdog

Re: moose hunt backup plan

Post by bdog »

Hey Terry,nice trailer,do you buy the axles or fab them to?
http://autumnbreezebrittanys.com
dutchhunter

Post by dutchhunter »

another great job by munch nice trade DUTCH
addicted to canadian beaver
munch

Post by munch »

bdog wrote:Hey Terry,nice trailer,do you buy the axles or fab them to?
mark that one i bought at princess auto a few tears ago and it's been under my bench
i like to make my own from kcar axles they bolt on so i take them off and use schedule 40 waterpipe and can make them any length i like.if i can get the car i get 3 tires and rims .then run the car to the scrape yard and that pays for new springs hangers spring pads ubolts and the hitch.i just do it for a little mad money and have made as many as 7 in a year.this is only 2 this year .most people see the canadian tire or walmart trailers and think shinny paint makes a good trailer .i have made at least 30 in the last 10 years and never had one come back .if i can help you out mark let me know terry
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts facebook
Hazmat

Post by Hazmat »

Nice looking trailer,
Checker plate on the wheel wells is a must as people always bend them by standing on them as well as 14" tires. Every year I see trailers on the side of Hwy # 11 on my way to Armstrong (WMU 15B) with those small tires blown as they can not handle the trailer load on the way up and over heat.
I sometimes use my trailer to launch a 14 ft aluminum boat with outboard so I use L.E.D. lights with sealed wiring.
Never argue with an idiot; they will only bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience!

EQUINOX
Munch Mount
NGSS
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Nice trailer and a great trade also.
Hope you get drawn for the tag now!! Fingers crossed! :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
munch

Post by munch »

Hazmat wrote:Nice looking trailer,
Checker plate on the wheel wells is a must as people always bend them by standing on them as well as 14" tires. Every year I see trailers on the side of Hwy # 11 on my way to Armstrong (WMU 15B) with those small tires blown as they can not handle the trailer load on the way up and over heat.
I sometimes use my trailer to launch a 14 ft aluminum boat with outboard so I use L.E.D. lights with sealed wiring.
did you notice i also put a hitch on the back incase you need to draw your boat at the same time also works with wife and kids camping when you want to add a bike rack and also plug an extend a rack in there .and the best part for us moose hunters is over the years how many times when groups of us have went some one has trunk trouble and we need to go back for a trailer beside the highway where the truck broke down.one more thing did you see the jack also mounts on both sides behind the fenders if you get a flat or need to jack up the trailer in a washout.the little mounting tubes cost $4 bucks. well worth it the first time you use them
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts facebook
beehunter

Post by beehunter »

cool trailer-wish you lived in Virginia! I am just getting a truck to haul my 4x4 with, I hope! Wilds and backwoods here I come!