tree stand help

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

jacktar

tree stand help

Post by jacktar »

I have always hunted with a climbing stand but I'm getting tired of the up and down all the time and I think it just makes too much noise in the process. I'm thinking of just securing it to the tree and using the kind of tree steps that screw in but have had no experience with them. Any one out there have any thoughts about it.
Normous

Re: tree stand help

Post by Normous »

You are still doing the up and down thing with screw in steps and need the balance of a monkey in a tree, a linesman rope does help to assist the screw in steps. A dozen or so steel steps are heavy and may create additional clanging noise if one is not carefull. It is worth a try since the screw in steps are not that expensive.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
RichJ

Post by RichJ »

Been there done that. 1 thing you may want to pay attention to is how you attach your stand to the tree. I would strap it down once you are in it. I bent my Loggy climber a few years ago after I strapped it and it must not of been straight. It wasn't bent to where you would even notice but it started making noise once ya moved or sat on the seat.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

If tree is yers its ok. If not it opens the tree fer insects & disease, not good. Better set-up is decent 15/16' 2 man ladder stand with good safety rail to shoot off of!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
huntfishfam

Post by huntfishfam »

I would like to suggest that you get a set of climbing sticks instead of screw in steps. Screw in steps just promote disease in the tree.If your concerned about theft you can take them with you and leave your stand in the tree, this would also prevent anybody else( unwanted tresspasser) from useing your stand or stealing it. Just an idea.
Sean
I hunt,I fish,I am
Get clean, lean and healthy with isagenix. I can show you how.
Tenn. Equinox

Post by Tenn. Equinox »

Try the API Quik Stik from Bass Pro Shop. Aluminum light, easy set up quickly,
very easy to climb. Four sections 16 ft. or 5 sections 20 ft. strap on.
very safe, no monkey balanceing act. Double step for both feet at same height, not staggered steps.
Tenn.

Equinox