Hunting Teams Question

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Moxie

Hunting Teams Question

Post by Moxie »

when do we start putting our hunting team together for this years hunt, and, when do we sign up? I've got the itch!
Terry

Quad 300 x2
vixenmaster

Re: Hunting Teams Question

Post by vixenmaster »

Good ? i have 60+ days to go til it opens
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

i'll be part of the "keystone blood trailers" again this year :wink: ....any PA guys ready???......bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
Rich

Post by Rich »

Everyone seemed to lose interest in the deer contest last year, in fact I don't think the winning Team was ever announced (Team VA). Hopefully everyone will get the itch soon.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

Rich wrote:Everyone seemed to lose interest in the deer contest last year, in fact I don't think the winning Team was ever announced (Team VA). Hopefully everyone will get the itch soon.

Rich, I doubt I join a team this year.. everyone lost interest last season so I didnt even post the results. If someone else wnats to handle it thats fine. John did alot of work also on this last year so he needs a big thanks!
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Well make it interesting only Bows kills count ! That way its all even competition no Bowhunter need compete against rifles n such
Half Bubble Off BD360

Moxie

Post by Moxie »

Team Massachusetts is ready for the season. Come on gets get started.
Terry

Quad 300 x2
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I am sure that Whitetail Whackers are ready fer the new season also
Half Bubble Off BD360

crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

vixenmaster wrote:Well make it interesting only Bows kills count ! That way its all even competition no Bowhunter need compete against rifles n such
im not sure if anyone took a deer with a rifle in the contest... 60% were bow kills while maybe 40% were muzzleloader kills? I may have been actaully 50/50 if you break it down.. I could be wrong though but i know most of the guys here are bow loyal all year :D
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

All i am saying is Bows only, i said rifle but i include all guns pistols ML's shotguns rifles. They're all the same to me firearms of some type. Lets get back to what we hunt with Bows.
Half Bubble Off BD360

crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

That would be up to everyone. I'm not doing it this year do to various reasons so someone else can step up and take it over.
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

crazyfarmer wrote: Rich, I doubt I join a team this year..

Join a team? Heck CF, you are the team. LOL. Besides, we will need to defend the title . . .again . . .3peat. :wink:
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

If we choose to go to archery equiptment only, and NC doesn't change the crossbow laws by the opening of archery season then it would eliminate Tyler which would eliminate me. Maybe NC will get it's head out of it's hind end in the next few years :wink: .
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
TPM

Post by TPM »

crazyfarmer wrote:
vixenmaster wrote:Well make it interesting only Bows kills count ! That way its all even competition no Bowhunter need compete against rifles n such
im not sure if anyone took a deer with a rifle in the contest... 60% were bow kills while maybe 40% were muzzleloader kills? I may have been actaully 50/50 if you break it down.. I could be wrong though but i know most of the guys here are bow loyal all year :D
I'm sure what the breakdown is either but I'm curious as to how many members are "bow loyal" all year. I know some are but I also know there are a number who, like me, hunt bow during archery season, shotgun or ML during shotgun and ML season and rifle during rifle season. I'm a deer hunter first and foremost and I'm really not partial to one method over another when it comes to hunting them. If they had a slingshot season I'd probably go out for that too! :D
I have no issue in making it a bow only contest, after all, this is a bow forum but I can assure you where I rifle hunt it's no easy feat. I've seen many members here have far more success with their bows in a season than I could ever dream of with my rifle. We face many challenges in our rifle areas that you just don't get on the typical archery hunts on farms most guys around here enjoy. First of all, the concentration of deer is typically only a fraction of what we get in the rural farm areas. We also have no planted or cultivated fields for the deer to develop feeding patterns in, no tree lines or fence lines for deer to follow, no farm woodlots for deer to congregate in, the deer range a lot farther and well used deer trails are much fewer and further between. It's just miles and miles of rolling bush and often impenetrable swamp (of course the bucks love those area's the most :? ).
I know not all rifle area's are like this but I tell ya we work hard for our rifle deer.
i said rifle but i include all guns pistols ML's shotguns rifles. They're all the same to me firearms of some type. Lets get back to what we hunt with Bows.
I've been hunting deer with firearms for 20+ years but only 3 years with a bow so it's kind of hard for me to go "back" to a bow.
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Ray i understand about the laws & states. In Mo. if yer not disabled you don't get to hunt archery Using a CB. Don't matter if'en yer 85 yrs old. Y'all look at it the other way every yr i kill my Buck n Doe no matter the size with my CB. I have to compete with all the firearms kills & most of those deer don't even knowed yer in the county! I ain't running nutten so whatever rules they set-up i will abide by. Here its mile after mile of timber no farm fields with crops, you deer hunt here, its root hog or die!
Half Bubble Off BD360