lithium batteries in Bushnell trail cam

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wabi

lithium batteries in Bushnell trail cam

Post by wabi »

Got the lithium batteries yesterday and put them in the cam yesterday evening.
Also changed the settings for 2 pics per trigger rather than 3, since I'm getting so many triggers per day at the feeder.

Pulled the card this morning. We hung out (a.k.a. slept in our hammocks) at the farm last night, so it was only a short walk to get the card this morning.

The results have me a bit puzzled, but if this performance hold up - I like it! :D
Had 98 pics overnight (49 triggers) and ONLY 3 BLANK (no critter in it) pics?????
With the cam set for 3 pics I was getting 25-35% blanks but with the new batteries and the cam set for 2 pics I only got about 3% blank. I don't have an answer, but I sure like the results. :lol:

I also expected an increase in "flash" (IR illumination for night pics), but didn't really gain much noticeable range. Perhaps a slight increase, but not enough to get excited about.

What I did get was an increase in antler size, though. From the looks of the bucks last night, the lithium batteries were well worth the price! :roll: :lol: :lol:

l2.JPG
l7.JPG
l3.JPG
I'll order a case of those batteries if it will keep those bucks around! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
wabi
vixenmaster

Re: lithium batteries in Bushnell trail cam

Post by vixenmaster »

The problem with multiple triggering is some times the flash hasn't recovered enuff & results in no flash & a blank. Its better to trigger once & every 30 seconds or min. as flash has time to fully recover. During the day multiple triggering is fine no flash to power up. Nice pic's & Bucks
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Those antlers look real nice in those pics.....I'll bet they'd look even better on yer wall!! :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Thats a photogentic buck for sure. Nice! :)
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

you need to start selling those batteries as buck magnets or something;) use these batteries if you want a increased chance of getting a mature buck

i sense the next post or heated topic on here will be my battery is better than yours for a cheaper price :lol: :lol: :lol:
FredBear

Post by FredBear »

Nice bucks Mike! I think it was the sleeping in the hammocks that did it not the batteries :D
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

also, thanks for doing the test and posting results;) thats what this forum is all about 8)
Rich

Post by Rich »

crazyfarmer wrote:i sense the next post or heated topic on here will be my battery is better than yours for a cheaper price :lol: :lol: :lol:
It'll only turn into a debate if someone calls it a crappy Moultrie battery. :lol: :lol:
wabi

Post by wabi »

FredBear wrote:Nice bucks Mike! I think it was the sleeping in the hammocks that did it not the batteries :D
You might be right!
No bucks showed up last night when we weren't hammock camping?????
Guess I might have to replace the ladder stand with a hammock! :shock:
I've got a new bridge style hammock ordered, maybe it would make a good shooting platform. :lol: :lol: :lol:
wabi