old forum members never die, they just fade away......

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

why have they left!

Change of forum layout.
11%
Lack of respect.
27%
Lack of interest.
9%
Lack of time.
13%
All (or most) of the above.
24%
Other.
16%

Total votes: 45

Hoss

Re: old forum members never die, they just fade away......

Post by Hoss »

I think folks tend to let what they read drive thier imagination in all kinds of directions which ends up in them taking offense and sides against those ideas and folks who really mean no harm..GARYL what a guy..years ago he told me "Hoss because we dont have the luxury of looking iin the face and reading the body language of someone on the internet, words typed can be takin by 3 different people 3 different ways and they probably all could miss the true meaning of what wa said". WOW was he so spot on... I see it happen..I still do it sometimes. I jump at something someone said that I took wrong when it was not for harm in anyway. We all come from so many areas of different traditions and ways but yet on here we expect everyone to be one way..it aint gonna happen...AND being outdoorsman and hunters and such you guys are a whole different breed than most and that plays in to personalitys and cabin fever...Bottom line is we need to be more tolerant of our brothers and that starts with me first...Then that RESPECT thing will take care of itself..ofcourse you always have those who just caint get along---nothing you can do about those---except dont let them pull you down or make you fade away..Remember The only way for a bad man to win is for a good man to do nothing! Im here for as long as i can be to many good folks here and I just learn to much to give it up..Or I guess I forget to much not to come back and get a re-briefer..all i can say is hang in there. things could be alot worse..Adapt and overcome......
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

planter wrote:I think we are ALL getting carried away!!! This is still the best forum going and I have met no one I would not call a "pal" but maybe I just don't know them well enough.
I can't say there is another forum out there of any kind were the people are so generous with never a string attached!! :D I have GIVEN away a a TC muzzle loader in need of love as well as more than a few knives, Bucket seats, Butt Outs :shock: but have recieved dozens of arrows refletched, refletching Jigs, "emergency" strings as well as advise of unequaled value. I even remember that when I broke a limb I had more than a few offers of help but had a new set even before I could send the old ones back to Mr. Miller.

Where else would someone send you a new string just knowing your season was about to start and the same guy who knew I was out of work said pay when you can. :o

The hell with minor disagreements!! I have them with my family and they are still here with me :shock: .

Lets not make this sound like a eulogy. :D Keep posting folks. We still have the best crossbows and forum on the net. If you don't happen to shoot an Excalibur, well then YOU can get out. :twisted: :wink: I have officially moved into hunting mode now with game cams ect so I will be checking in frequently to make sure everyone is still here!! :D
Very well said. DITTO! :D
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

agingcrossbower wrote:
planter wrote:I think we are ALL getting carried away!!! This is still the best forum going and I have met no one I would not call a "pal" but maybe I just don't know them well enough.
I can't say there is another forum out there of any kind were the people are so generous with never a string attached!! :D I have GIVEN away a a TC muzzle loader in need of love as well as more than a few knives, Bucket seats, Butt Outs :shock: but have recieved dozens of arrows refletched, refletching Jigs, "emergency" strings as well as advise of unequaled value. I even remember that when I broke a limb I had more than a few offers of help but had a new set even before I could send the old ones back to Mr. Miller.

Where else would someone send you a new string just knowing your season was about to start and the same guy who knew I was out of work said pay when you can. :o

The hell with minor disagreements!! I have them with my family and they are still here with me :shock: .

Lets not make this sound like a eulogy. :D Keep posting folks. We still have the best crossbows and forum on the net. If you don't happen to shoot an Excalibur, well then YOU can get out. :twisted: :wink: I have officially moved into hunting mode now with game cams ect so I will be checking in frequently to make sure everyone is still here!! :D
Very well said. DITTO! :D
I agree, well said . . .however, you could have said something about putting on your big boy camo. :lol:

Most leave when they don't feel like they are getting anything out of the forum and/or don't have anything to add.

This is still a great forum. :) No moderators please. Seems like the only issues we have is when someone starts moderating.

By the way . . .if you are wanting to make a post and have not logged in . . .hit reply, login, then hit the "back" button . . .takes you to the reply area. Some of these type issues need to be fixed.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
JRS

Post by JRS »

I've been a member of this forum and its various reincarnations since 1999. If you aren't happy with the current style, you would have absolutely hated the original. :P

I browse it just about every day, but rarely post any more. It seems that the same questions and topics come up in some shape or form on a regular basis, and I have no interest in replying to these any more. For me, in that regard, things have become stagnant. As a new member, I eagerly absorbed everything offered, and was more than happy to help others when I became established with my bow. But now, as I said, things seem to have become redundant as far as topics and questions, and the "regulars" seem to have them covered.
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

I have been away for a while so I really don't know what happened to Grizz, Saxman and a few others. I hope that our friends will return but we still have a great bunch of members here. I try and get along with everyone and think that I do so.
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
ga.xbowhunter

Post by ga.xbowhunter »

well for me its because i have lost all interest in deer hunting and have been doing a lot more fishing. as for the forum i have been more of a lurker than a poster. its just not the same with a few members that have left. i sure do miss saxman and digger. its like this on another forum i belong to. people come and people go. yeah we may a have a few spats but we get over it and move on. like the other forum i mentioned. i see that NC has allowed the use of crossbows now and their are a couple of them that are dead against them in THEIR WOODS and shouldnt be used as archery the woods belong to everyone not just a certain group. if its legal then dont fight over what a person wants to use. that just gives more ammo for the anti's.
ballz n jawz

Post by ballz n jawz »

im of the opinion that if someone doesn't want to be than i'd just as soon not have them here. might be edgy for my first post but I like the forum enough to join.
TPM

Post by TPM »

I’ve been active on a number of hunting forums over the years and I’ve seen all of them go through their ups and downs. Members come and go, that’s just a fact of life. People leave for a variety of reasons., some because of conflicts with other members, some because of lack of time and some just plain lose interest. It is a bit sad to see that some of the regulars from a few years ago are no longer active. :( I miss their insight, wit and wisdom but I am happy to see that we regularly seem to gain new some great new members to help fill the voids.
Some of my best memories of this forum have involved meeting other members in person. I feel lucky in that many forum members live right here in Southern Ontario. We’ve had no less than five members pass through our front door and we’ve met many more at 3D shoots, meet and greets or under other circumstances. Some of these people have become good friends and hunting partners and I’m sure these friendships would continue even if this forum suddenly disappeared for some reason. We always look forward to meeting new members and one of these days we’re going to do a State side tour and visit a few of our American friends. :D
I’ve also always been impressed with the generosity of the members on this forum. Whether it’s donating prizes to a contest or offering gear to help some one a pinch you guys always come through. We live in a pretty selfish world and seeing that kind of stuff always helps restore my faith in humanity.
Getting back to the original post, yes sadly we’ve lost some good members here and yes, there will always be some petty arguments and yes, people will continue to come and go but I think this forum is still very much alive and kickin’ and I look forward to the days ahead! :D
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
lscha

Post by lscha »

I think this forum is still very much alive and kickin’ and I look forward to the days ahead! :D
Yeah, me too!
Laura
Vixen II/Optimizer/RamCats/NGSS
Camx
Boo strings, top mounts
[url]http://www.michigancrossbowfederation.org[/url]
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Crossbow-Federation/122974954384381
KBW

Post by KBW »

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: maybe there in JAIL
2010 EXCALIBUR VORTEX FLEMISH DYNA STRING RIGHT.STUFF,PACKAGE
snapperdan

Post by snapperdan »

:o :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
exocet 200
equinox
ground pounder mounts
bar 338 win mag
browning auto 5
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

KBW wrote::shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: maybe there in JAIL

I havent arrested anyone from here yet... note the yet LMAO :lol: :lol: :lol:
huntone

Post by huntone »

Checked in today and it's been a while. I don't take this forum too serious or personal. I come here to learn from the best and have fun. Other projects or family matters keep me away and I feel I am blessed to have that. As of lately, I can't stay still long enough for serious computer time, also a good thing for me.

I have very much respect for ALL the members on this forum. I don't care if they've been here a week or 10 years, makes no difference to me. If a older forum member leaves, oh well, he may be like me and have other matters more important. There are plenty of new members with new stories and information.

This forum has been a great place and I wouldn't change a thing. I like the format and the way it is moderated. I've learned SO much here and have been HONORED to be part of it. :D
Dale

Ibex
Lumizone
Dan Miller mount
Long Trang

Post by Long Trang »

Unless all of the bygone members of the forum are here to respond, its just pure speculation.

As for myself, its the goofy new layout. :?
saxman

Post by saxman »

Health issues mostly.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011