old forum members never die, they just fade away......

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

why have they left!

Change of forum layout.
11%
Lack of respect.
27%
Lack of interest.
9%
Lack of time.
13%
All (or most) of the above.
24%
Other.
16%

Total votes: 45

Doe Master
Site Admin

Re: old forum members never die, they just fade away......

Post by Doe Master »

:) Sax get better . We have missed you :)
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

planter wrote:Nice to hear from you Sax. For some reason even though I don't know you from a hole in the head I have thought about your absence since this thread started. It's funny that you can worry about people you don't know on a forum. Not just you and not just health issues either. Job loss, lease loss, family heart break, and so on..Over the YEARS people have always seemed to be willing to say something personal. Geez this sounds sappy. :(
Not sappy, it's who we are for the most part. Good to see your post, Scott! Long Trang, there's a way to turn the new forum back to the old, which I did 'toot sweet'.
"Eze 18:21"
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

Hey Scott!!!!!!! I knew that you weren't doing well so we have been praying for you. If it is this hot here, I can't imagine how hot it is in Florida. ANyhow, I hope that you get to feeling better real soon :wink: .
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
Long Trang

Post by Long Trang »

awshucks wrote: Not sappy, it's who we are for the most part. Good to see your post, Scott! Long Trang, there's a way to turn the new forum back to the old, which I did 'toot sweet'.
Do tell my good friend...
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Long Trang wrote:
awshucks wrote: Not sappy, it's who we are for the most part. Good to see your post, Scott! Long Trang, there's a way to turn the new forum back to the old, which I did 'toot sweet'.
1. click on 'user control panel'
2. on left 'board preference'
3. find 'my board style' choose 'subsilver2'

Wala............old board back!

ps: Forgot who turned me onto this, but thanks!
"Eze 18:21"
DanO

Post by DanO »

It's just a time issue for me. I'm in the bush at my camp most of the year and I resurface in Southern Ontario long enough to get some venison for the freezer. This is a great board with excellent people.

I've never hesitated to ask a question (sometimes dumb I guess) or to provide a comment on a post. It's a good Board because it's a safe place to ask and ask I did in my first 2 years of bowhunting. Nobody jumped on me and that's rare on other Boards. The fishing board I belong to is extremely slow at this time of year as well because the steelheading opportunities are limited. It'll pickup and I hope I see the same familiar names. It makes the dark days of fall and winter more enjoyable. :D

Dan O.
If you're not part of the solution, you might be part of the problem.
Long Trang

Post by Long Trang »

awshucks wrote:
Long Trang wrote:
1. click on 'user control panel'
2. on left 'board preference'
3. find 'my board style' choose 'subsilver2'

Wala............old board back!

ps: Forgot who turned me onto this, but thanks!
Ahhh, much much better! Now is there a way to turn the background a different color than white?
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Good to see you post saxman, I pray your health improves.
I think its human nature to become bored with something you do often, even browsing forums. Bickering comes from bordom I think. Funny thing though, face to face a slight argument wouldnt end a freindship but it can when your doing it over the web. I firmly beleive that no one bickers more than a pair of brothers and even then at the end of the day they can count on the other to have their backs. Its sad to see so many great people leave the forum. I hope they return!

As for a outside moderator, excal does a great job. The addition of the "report" button in every post is a great feature. The only thing I would add is that when you report spam, the original poster would not be able to make further posts. I notice that spammers will just hammer the forum but if their first post gets reported and then the user name shut down it would eliminate alot of spam.

JMHO
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

hunting season cant get here fast enough... maybe by then those with issues will have cooled off or members may have come back thathave left... time will tell I guess.. hehehehheheh :lol:
TYE

Post by TYE »

My excuse is growing up. I have other things to do rather than sit on a computer all day anymore. I don't think I've really used a computer in a year? Other than to update my iPhone or put songs on it. Having a baby soon and have responsibilities now. I come on and read the forum on my phone when I get bored on break at work or when I got nothing to do at home but I really don't have much time to post on here anymore. I will NEVER disappear though! :-P

I also agree the new forum set up is a pain on the butt!
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

HA HA HA HA Tye ....growing up.....Its good to hear your takin this new addition to the family seriously...good job young man..BUT growin up thats just wrong---I refuse to :wink:
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!