Can anyone ID this snake?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bob1961

Re: Can anyone ID this snake?

Post by bob1961 »

Brenjen wrote: & to my earlier question...IS the milk snake a constrictor too?
yes they are, at least the ones i had squeezed there mice before eating them...........bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
ch312

Post by ch312 »

Brenjen wrote:I trust a breeder more than my own internet experience with milk snakes but the color seems to be the one thing you can't go by. I've seen & handled corn snakes that look exactly like the one pictured. I can't see the head well enough to judge that, but the color of both snakes seem to vary greatly. With today's reptile market a corn snake could turn up anywhere so location is irrelevant.(I've seen & handled tons of corn snakes in my day but I've only seen pictures of the milk snake)

edit- if you notice the milk snake doesn't seem to have the same black outline on the spots as the corn snake & to my earlier question...IS the milk snake a constrictor too?

The head would definitely seem to be the key in identification.
ive handled many of each kind of snake and the corn snake is much different in person when you see the head. was actually playing with a milk snake last week and they are quite common in sw ontario when you are looking for them. dont really see too many when you are just walking around.

yes, they are constrictors. its the only way for non venomous snakes to eat little critters...

now, im off to feed my ball python some mice :D
Helmut

Post by Helmut »

had one in my yard sunning last year. He actually made like a rattle snake but did not stike. Was told it is a rat snake at the time.
JDUNLAP

Post by JDUNLAP »

It's a cockerhead lol...
PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals!