Which Excalibur for N.C. whitetails ?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

crazyfarmer

Re: Which Excalibur for N.C. whitetails ?

Post by crazyfarmer »

either would get the job done;) It will come down to what you like best;) Hold each if possible 8)
pdislow

Post by pdislow »

There is a bow shop in Ernal N.C. (may be misspelled) which is between NewBern and Vanceboro,east of Hwy 17 that usually has a few excal xbows you can try out at his range behind the store. The name of the place is Terry's Archery Plus , I think. good luck!!!!!!!! philip
thanks philip
pdislow

Post by pdislow »

There is a big buck classic hunting show going on at the Greensboro Coliseum complex this weekend and just about any kind of crossbow on the market is there. philip
thanks philip
Turtleman

Post by Turtleman »

I would also like to welcome ya and say i am glad like you, NC finally came around.
Now to the x-bow i shoot the vortex i like the T hole stock. The Ibex will kill just as good. I went to a place that had some excaliburs and i actually cocked two back. I was looking at the equinox and it didn't take me long to see that 25 more lbs of pull i didn't need so if you are already feeling pains i would go with the Ibex. As with all excaliburs you cannot go wrong at all with any of there choices.Keep posting and keep in touch as i live in Blounts Creek NC maybe we will cross paths and shoot some. CB
Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today!
secret

Post by secret »

Take your pick!
Exocet 200
gt lazer 2 [turkey] gt lazer 4 [deer]
wasp sst hammers
groundpounder
lumizone
ff string
pcdeerslayer

Post by pcdeerslayer »

I went to Basspro yesterday and shot the Vortex,Exocet,Pheonix, and the Ibex.
This trip confirmed a lot of the opinons I've gotten on this site, mainly the fastest isn't always the best. The 175 lb. Pheonix will be my choice, it was smooth and not quite as front heavy. But the main reason being the access to the safety, the T-hole stock requires you to loosen your grip and move your thumb out and over the stock, operate the safety and then re-grip the stock again for the shot. The traditional stock is just like my Thompson Center Encores. I will give an update on my sighting in session after I chase down the UPS brown truck mid-week.
scratcherky

Post by scratcherky »

You absolutely can't go wrong with the Phoenix.
Man and man's best friend still looking at the green side of sod.
JDUNLAP

Post by JDUNLAP »

Im in NC myself and want a crossbow too. Without shooting one yet I am choosing Excalibur mainly because ''I LIKE SIMPLE'' . No moving wheels/cams equals less that can go wrong! Which model im not sure of yet. Im thinking hard on the Vortex. If you get one and like it please let me know about it.
PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals!
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

Well it sure is great to see the hunters of NC exercising their rights to hunt with a crossbow. I promise you that coming to this site will surely be a smart move on your part as you will find a wealth of knowledge here and a fine group of folks that aren't afraid to share that knowledge with others. If you have any questions just ask. Oh, welcome to the best crossbow forum around :D .
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray