Scope suggestions

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Big Pard

Scope suggestions

Post by Big Pard »

After reading a few posts, I was wondering how reliable the factory scope is? I have a Redfield 4x scope that is true and I'm curious if I need to just put that one on. Also, how has the majority been setting their scopes? Dead on 10, 20, or 25. Hopefully my Exomax will be in tomorrow.

Thanks-Buddy
Micro 335
Dead Zone Scope
Vixenmaster String
Munch Mount
Zombie Slayers
100gr Slick Trick
awshucks

Re: Scope suggestions

Post by awshucks »

The V-zone and it's lit reticule [on demand] big brother, the L-zone have several aim points. crosshair at 20, triangles under it for 30, 40, and 50. Both are 2.5X by 4x variables which have the power adjusting ring graduated in fps vs magnification. Both have a 10 yd reference point, which is more or less close enough once the process is completed.

Those marks are for reference only, not cheap chronies, lol. The principle works well on changing the field of view size whilst the triangles don't move.

You sight your xhair in for 20 yds and then follow instructions that come w/ both for adjusting the farther ranges. I believe their advertising claims this is possible w/ fps between 250 and 350 fps.

The process can take some patience, however it does work well enough to hit a poker chip to 40 yds w/ field points.

Bheads can be contrary, depending on user choices of them and arrows, FOC, ect.
"Eze 18:21"
JamesSimon

Post by JamesSimon »

i was never used to be using a scope on a crossbow. i admit, i love the action of crossbows, and typically, it's not that hard to aim, for you are so much closer to your prey than having a gun. if i was using a long ranged gun, i would be using a scope no doubt.
secret

Post by secret »

Lumi-zone! When set up correctly it is DEADLY accurate! I hunt turkeys with my Exocet, With the vitals only being a 1-11/2" area....I have No problem hitting the mark! Hunting deer are like shooting at barns after that! I have never had any problems with my lumi-zone ever.
Exocet 200
gt lazer 2 [turkey] gt lazer 4 [deer]
wasp sst hammers
groundpounder
lumizone
ff string
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Yes you can use yer redfield 4x & depending how heavy of arrows you shoot can sight it in out to 30 yds. That depends on the arc of arrow when shot how high it rises.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

I hung LumiZones on my Phoenix and Vortex for several reasons: Lighted reticule for early and late shooting. But mostly because I change the power (speed ring) so that both bows shoot exactly to the same point despite their difference in trajectory.
Both bows are set for 20,30,40 and 50 yrds and the bottom tip of the top heavy vertical reticule strand serves as the 10 yard aimpoint. A crossbow specific scope with multiple aimpoints is the way to go, IMO, regardles if it's VariZone, LumiZone or one of the Hawkes.
But, only Excal has the bulletproof warranty and renowned customer service. :!:
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!