bushnell trail cam

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

jacktar

bushnell trail cam

Post by jacktar »

First of all I'd like to thanks everyone who wrote back with a lot of help on my tree stand question. Now, I just turned the big 60 and my wonderful wife bought me the bushnell trail cam. So far only two coons showed up but at least I know it works. I bought 8 rechargable NiMh batteries for it (cheaped out on the lithium :oops: ). Has anyone had experience with the NiMh on the life span on average per charge? I know it does depend on how many shots and temp. but I was just looking for a ball park type idea. Thanks in advance to a great bunch of people on this forum. :D
wabi

Re: bushnell trail cam

Post by wabi »

I used NiMH rechargables in mine up until this year. The camera will work on 4 batteries, and what I did was install all 8, then switch out the upper & lower 4 with freshly charged batteries (that way it took 12 batteries total which I kept specifically set aside for the camera) every week or so. Not sure of the exact maximum time I left the same 8 batteries in it at a stretch, but I believe it was for about 2 weeks when I was sick.
I'm sure they would have gone longer, but NiMH batteries loose their charge quickly even when setting on the shelf, so I always kept 4 fresh ones in it.
Never missed a pic with that method, and where I had it located I was getting about 100 pics a day.

This year I switched to Lithium after I re-positioned the camera and saw I was averaging about 200 pics a day! :roll:
wabi
crazyfarmer

Re: bushnell trail cam

Post by crazyfarmer »

if you are getting only a few pictures a week then just plain 8 rayovac batteries will last you well into 4months of life;) Just food for thought....

4-5bucks for 8-12 rayovac batteries and a easy 4 months of life is worth it to me;) I havent pushed past 4months on mine but I still had 2 bars of life left on the camera so I know it has a good 5months in it on plain batteries. Rayovacs work just as well if not better than the higher end brand names. I use them in all my cameras and get great life out of them.

you will like that camera.. it has some bugs and flaws but for the price its a great unit. You get some blank shots but it doesnt miss anything though. IR is decent and color daytime pictures are pretty good. Goodluck and have fun