It won't be long folks!!!!!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

raydaughety

It won't be long folks!!!!!

Post by raydaughety »

I had a good day today ya'll. I even took a stroll to the living room to watch some TV. Gets kinda lonely back there. Anyhow, I'm looking forward to getting outside and sighting in my new varizone scope but I know that it's going to take some time. Maybe the weekend, we'll have to wait and see. I finally found that article that Pydpiper wrote on how to zero in the varizone scope the easy way. My Exomag came with the old dropzone on it and was sighted in when I picked it up from the archery shop. Anyhow, it won't be long now. I sure hope that it cools off some. I'm probably going to have to put my ground blind on the edge of an oak ridge that's on the edge of a corn field. It's situated so that I can pull right up to it in the truck and walk about 50 yards or so. Either that or Tyler can drop me off, go hide the truck and then walk back to the blind. So, is everyone getting ready? Got your stuff together? I think that all I need to buy is a thermacell refill pack and we're ready :mrgreen: . Ya'll have a good evening :wink: .
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
TYE

Re: It won't be long folks!!!!!

Post by TYE »

Good stuff Ray. Glad to hear you're on the road to recovery so quick.

I can't wait for archery season! I got everything I just need to get a new pack of broadheads and I'd like a new toque. I kinda wore my good one to work last winter.
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

I'm getting ready bought 2 extra strings that I am pre stretching to the correct brace height.Put together a climbing tree stand that I bought 1/2 price at the end of the season last year. Been shooting broad heads, and bought a range finder .
I have Deer on the brain and their is no cure just treatment for the symptoms :D
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
Sliver

Post by Sliver »

Glad to hear you had a good day today Ray! Don"t push yourself, you have lots of time to get that bow sighted in... :wink:

Take care Ray
Harry
Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

I really, really hope that this will be Tyler's year to get one with his compound bow. At least this year if he can't get the bow drawn on a buck I can hand him my Exomag and get r' done :wink:

OK Tye, I give up :? , what in the world is a toque? Nevermind, I just read that it's a Canadian "toboggan" :D .
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
TYE

Post by TYE »

A toque is a winter hat or "beanie" :lol:
Crispy

Post by Crispy »

Glad to hear your getting back into the game! Dont over do yourself, maybe you could find somebody to cock your bow :D
Crispy
Norlander

Post by Norlander »

Take it easy Ray. One step at a time. We wouldn't want to hear you had a relapse by overdoing it.
By the way a toque is what I believe you call a stocking cap - you know, the kind the Californians wear when the temperature plummets down to 70 F :D .
Jerry
munch

Post by munch »

good to here ray. is it still real hot.we where in Ashville a few days ago the over to Nashville and there where days over 100 .one nice thing about the north we can put a coat on but hot is hot :lol:
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Glad to hear that you are up and about some.Are you about ready for flight to Texas? I hope that is still in your plans.Take care. I have gotten most all of my work done at the deer lease. Shooting lanes all trimmed up,stands good to go,mowed and weed eated around the cabin a couple of times.I got my new Leupold scope mounted and sighted in.I have had cameras up a while and am getting some pretty good pic's.We still have about a month and a half to go.That seems like a long time but it will sure sneak up on you.I hope that the weather breaks as we have had about 20 straight days over 100 F.Not much fun in a pop-up at those temps.Colton and I are going out this weekend and swap SD cards and look over everything one more time.Cant wait!!
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Ray . . .good to see you are making good use of your down time. Stay after it . . .you know my motto(stolen from my Grandfather) . . .I'd rather wear out than rust out. :wink:

I'm getting the fever too. It's getting a little cooler here. It's only gonna get to 90 degrees here today. :lol:
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Ray its good to hear yer recovering & getting ready to shoot yer CB. It was 61 this morning at the cabin, it will get up to 91 so still hot. Get yer ground blind set, do what its takes
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

yeah ray don't over do it just cause you feel ya can....slow and steady wins the race ya know :wink: .........bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
Big Pard

Post by Big Pard »

Hello fello Tarheel, glad to hear you moving about. Are you ready for Sept. 11?? The Exomax is dialed in and I'm ready for Freddy. Hope you recover quickly so we can keep the old swamp donkey population in check.
Micro 335
Dead Zone Scope
Vixenmaster String
Munch Mount
Zombie Slayers
100gr Slick Trick
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

:) It is great that you are starting to feel better, Ray . But please take it easy . We all don`t need another scare and Tyler needs a hunting partner this coming fall . :)
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus