Arkansas Bears

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

awshucks

Arkansas Bears

Post by awshucks »

As some of y'all know, I'm in Ar, got bears, been a a love/hate thingy for a long time. Majestic creatures, 'cept when they attack civility.

Which they do w/ regularity, since I live in the 2nd most highest population county in Ar.

Lucky me. Actually , these beasts of burden are directly responsible for me getting into 'Excals'. I was gonna cut a fat hog in the azz.. Bout 2005.

They have provided myself and several 'buds' w/ an education. #1, don't screw up.

Deer hunters gonna bear hunt? Lol, you're in wrong game! My buddy, Mike, aka Vixenmaster, aka Smokepolehall, has given them his best shot a few times. Call us both "Meatless".

Boo chooses not to play. So much for the history lesson. In the past, archery season always came 1st, followed by M/L season, then modern gun.

In my neck-o-the woods, once the guns come into play, the bears go nocturnal.

This year, all hell breakes loose on 9/15, bows, guns, ect. Not so much a rant as:

An apology, Damm, Arkansas, I'm sorry! I tried. I really did!!!

Btw, KMA!
"Eze 18:21"
Boo

Re: Arkansas Bears

Post by Boo »

Boo chooses not to play this game because sometimes the other team is way too rough! :shock: :shock: :shock:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
munch

Post by munch »

been trying for the last couple years to shoot a bear well moose hunting .so far i have a small piece of skin with a few hairs thanks to an arrow deflecting off a small twig. i hope this is my year. moose archery opens sept. 18th and i have a buddy that will head out a week early and start some baits.i hope to poke one with the compound.can you guys bait
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

I thought it's the Baylor Bears and the Arkansas Razorbacks?........(GO BEARS)
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Well once we get this cabin all built & land paid off i shall bring myself down with climbing stand fer a serious face to face serious meeting. I just ain't had the time cept when i was down thar home sitting fer you. Of which i spent every day but one after tick toters :lol:
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
hotburn

Post by hotburn »

Boo wrote:Boo chooses not to play this game because sometimes the other team is way too rough! :shock: :shock: :shock:
Exactly why I enjoy hunting in Ohio and not going out west or swimming in the Ocean! I like in my area being at the top of the food chain is easy. Going bear hunting puts ones self back into the food chain!
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

Ive been down them ways a few times scouting for a place to whack a blacky but never made it back to hunt...dang good lookin area.beautiful..
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

I have some real experienced bear hunters coming this year. I already learned a few tricks, like putting 3 buckets of bait in the barrels so one only has to bait every 3-4 days.

Burl's son, Sandy was here last Sunday, had a truck bed full of 5 gal buckets of bait from the Smokehouse. Took me just a few minutes for me to figure out my bears are in deep doo-doo this time around, lol.

I've used vanilla extract in the past, but never thought to disperse it from a spray bottle while in stand.

Actually, I've found a sliver lining in this dark cloud of guns opening same as archery. I don't usually hunt pm's here due to a big ravine near each stand. I'm always worried I won't be able to retrieve a dead bear down in one before the meat goes south.

Thinking seriously about whacking one behind the ear w/ that Ruger .44 Carbine I got from smokepole. This thing develops a little more "oomph" than same round out of a 6" pistol barrel.

I just want one small one about 200#. That's not too much to ask, is it?
"Eze 18:21"
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Get after them Bears, one of them will make a mistake & you pop him/her
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315