Ted Nugent Busted hero or zero

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Tar Heel

Ted Nugent Busted hero or zero

Post by Tar Heel »

One way or the other he has done a lot for the hunter and firearms owner and i will continue to watch his show and still like him.

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whiteta ... usted.html
The old man from the mountain
one shot scott

Re: Ted Nugent Busted hero or zero

Post by one shot scott »

Ted's still good! who has'nt made a mistake in their life? As long as he admits it and pays the fine he still OK in my books.
http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... =1&t=34475
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
bigbuckonly1

Post by bigbuckonly1 »

I third that motion, who amoung us has not made mistakes, & he has done lots of good for hunters & sportsmans all over.
Take time to enjoy each & everyday that GOD has given us- be thankful.

Excalibur Vortex
Firebolt Arrows
Rage .125gr. Broadheads
Equalizer Climbing Stand
99% Scent Killer
EQUINOXHNTERVA

Post by EQUINOXHNTERVA »

He was just unaware of the game laws.......everyone has a off day now and then. He will pay it and go on, everyone knows he's a stand up guy that has done so much for archery hunting as a whole. :D
2009 Equinox, Easton Powerbolts, S5 system, 100 gr. spitfires. Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are.
dutchhunter

Post by dutchhunter »

agree thoes huys travell all over the world and canot know all the laws ,thy count on land owners and guides to know the laws and the animals in there area .i am sure he is a stand up guy and will pay his part ,and i am sure if he would have know about it he would not have done it 2k an,t nothing to a guy like that DUTCH
addicted to canadian beaver
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Just another big name (big mouth) paid hunter. He may do some good things for gun ownership and hunting, personally I'm turned off by his 'mystical flight of the arrow' and 'backstaps' references, not to mention the quasi spiritual babble.
Suddup and hunt, will ya?
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
Airwolf

Post by Airwolf »

Ignorance of local hunting regulations is no excuse especially if you travel and hunt for a living.
Someone in the public eye needs to be more careful than the average Joe (Josephine?).

There is nothing worse than people who believe the rules don't apply to them in the same way as everyone else: they ruin it for everybody because when they get caught, everyone else gets painted with the same brush.
A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life.

Black Vixen carved tip
dutchhunter

Post by dutchhunter »

I am willing to bet that some of us have forgotten a case the the truck and had to wal;k out in the dark with out a case .or mayny fired a shot just a few minutes to late .did you amke sure you were 8 meters from the edge of the road every time ! i am sure if he knew he was doing somethinkl wrong he sure would not have been fil;ming it DUTCH
addicted to canadian beaver
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Airwolf wrote:Ignorance of local hunting regulations is no excuse especially if you travel and hunt for a living.
Someone in the public eye needs to be more careful than the average Joe (Josephine?).

There is nothing worse than people who believe the rules don't apply to them in the same way as everyone else: they ruin it for everybody because when they get caught, everyone else gets painted with the same brush.
He doesn't hunt for a living. He's got more digits in his checking account than he can spend.

He wasn't offering excuses, he paid the fine. Kinda like me giving up a couple of nickels.

He has done a like of good things for the hunting community. Not like we are talking about Mike Vick.

Give him a break.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
EQUINOXHNTERVA

Post by EQUINOXHNTERVA »

He has done a lot to try to bring kids into the hunting sport with his camp for kids. :D Noone among us is perfect, and he did own up to his mistakes.
2009 Equinox, Easton Powerbolts, S5 system, 100 gr. spitfires. Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are.
evaughan

Post by evaughan »

[
b]Like it was said easier for Ted to pay the fine then have the land owner loose his guide license.[/b]
Actually it was part of a plea bargain to keep Ted from more serious criminal charges, shooting an illegal deer for which most convictions in most jurisdictions include a suspension of hunting priveledges for a substantial length of time.
Outdoor life said the guy who owned the land baited it Ted did not which makes sense the land owner got it ready for a hunt and Ted came in to hunt the property.
Does he have them read the regs for him as well? How could anyone be stupid enough to go deer hunting somewhere without first finding out what was a legal vs. illegal deer? No one I know would be that dumb and Ted IS a very smart man regardless of what I think of his views.
excal vortex w/ vari-zone
custom 2219's
BOO custom string
gobblestalker custom calls
WMU's 80,84,86
See4miles

Post by See4miles »

At the end of the day, Ted will go right on fighting for the rights of hunters and gun owners, regardless of what is said about him. And, he really does get in the trenches to do it. That's all I need to know.
In the Wind.......