Camera Location and Checking Trail Cam Pictures

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

pbearmawno

Camera Location and Checking Trail Cam Pictures

Post by pbearmawno »

I just put up 2 trail cameras and feeders near our cottage in Northern Ontario. Because it is all Crown land I decided to go with the $49 Wildview cameras that I ordered from Cabelas. My question is, how long should I wait to see if I'm going to get any action before trying a different location. There were moose and bear tracks near the area where i put up the trail cams, but no deer. The other issue is checking the SD cards while in the field. Can anyone recommend a good card reader...I have an old laptop that I might strap to the ATV and check them right there. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
crazyfarmer

Re: Camera Location and Checking Trail Cam Pictures

Post by crazyfarmer »

a good card reader would be one of those digital photo frames that most stores have for 80-90 bucks.. big screen and you just put the SD card into it.. I have the cuddieview reader and like that...

as far as camera checking.. those I would check every week(once). Just to make sure its working and the batteries are good. I dont check mine usually for 2 weeks once I know everything is in working order. Less human presence the better!
ranger66

Re: Camera Location and Checking Trail Cam Pictures

Post by ranger66 »

If you have a digital camera just bring it along and you can review the pics by puttin the sd card into the camera, thats how i do it.