Trouble installing lumenok

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

longwinters

Trouble installing lumenok

Post by longwinters »

I just got a Lumenok for Easton Beman Carbon bolts and .297" inside diameter carbon arrows.

I grabbed one of my Firebolts & took out the insert (boiling water), ran a drill bit in it (by hand) did not feel any roughness. Tried to insert the Lumenok but no go. Pushed it hard against my reloading bench and still no go.

So do I have glue inside the shaft that I can't feel? Or is this the wrong size lumenok?

Long
longwinters

Re: Trouble installing lumenok

Post by longwinters »

When I used the boiling water I did have a target tip in the insert, but emersed the shaft so that probably 1/2 - 1" of shaft was in the water as well. Could that be the problem? Did the hot water screw up the shaft?

Long
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

http://www.lumenok.net/crossbow.htm

If it were the wrong luminok it would be too small, so I dont think thats the problem, I seriously doubt that heating it in hot water would cause it shrink, if anything it does the opposite, and it wouldnt leave lasting damage to the arrow. In the past I think I have lightly sanded the luminok to fit, its just plastic and sands easily.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Sanding luminocks. Careful. It has a contact terminal half way down the nock as well as on at the junction of base with wider portion. These must make contact with top and inside of shaft to work. Sounds like wrong size to me OR arrow shaft isn't size you think it is.
Firenocks have rubber O rings can be selected to match shaft; not to mention replaceable battery.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
deerman

Post by deerman »

I have always used the Fire Nock and have never had a installation problem as they have every nock made for every bolt. The thing I like most is the battery's are replacable, you dont have to throw away the nock when it goes out. They also have several hundred colors. Check them out www.firenock.com
Constitution states "That all power is inheret in the people:that ...it is their right & duty to be at all times armed"...Thomas Jefferson 1824.
Meat Hunter

Post by Meat Hunter »

Longwinters,

Several years ago, I had the same problem with Luminocks. I never could get them properly installed and I finally trashed them in favor of Firenocks.

No problem with the Firenock installation. …love those replaceable batteries.

One trick with the installation: ream just a portion of the sharp 90 deg. inside edge of the arrow shaft, rub a scant dab of oil on the 'O' rings and twist while pushing in.

Call Dorge at 708-267-0474 and he will get you all fixed up and running.