back quiver

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

spike

back quiver

Post by spike »

I'd like to try a back quiver as an alternative to the bracket & quiver mounted on my bow. Suggestions any one ?

Spike
ROGER
the elf

Re: back quiver

Post by the elf »

The first change I made to my first Excalibur was to get rid of the
quiver on the bow.This makes it so much easier to carry--[by hand or in/on a
vehicle]. I have used a back quiver --a side quiver--a hip quiver and a variation of the plains quiver---and in my opinion all are better than having something attached to the bow.
Since the arrows for the Excaliburs with broadheads are usually under 24 inches any of the above mentioned quivers will work without the arrows waving around in the breeze and
the fletching can be hidden--no matter what the colour. [I like pink]
Sit and think what you think you want--make a heavy cardboard model--and
then make your own out of leather or vinyl or plastic. Hope this helps.
jacktar

Post by jacktar »

Spike I don't know if you carry a small day pack or not but if you do try what I did it works great. Mine has two pockets low on either side for a water bottle. I got a small short tin can that just fits inside of the pocket, lined it with bit of foam rubber like the kind used on the interlocking floor mats. I hunt with no more then four arrows. The broadheads fit just fine and the fletching end of the shaft is secured by a tie to the upper zipper pull. Not too fancy but it's quiet and easy to get to. Good luck.
wabi

Post by wabi »

I use a hip quiver with all my bows. (recurve, longbow, compound, or crossbow)
Been carrying arrows that way for so many years now it just doesn't seem right to carry them any other way. :lol:

http://www.3riversarchery.com/Quivers+H ... oduct.html
wabi
w8cop

Post by w8cop »

I tried a hip quiver,but I lost,and found my arrows while walking in thick brush. I just made a quiver out of an old map cylinder.I attached a nylon sling,and put foam in the bottom for the broadheads to rest on.I'll let you know how it works the fall...Oh yea,I painted it black....
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I have a quiver thats using a bracket but i just tie the quiver onto my backpack. I guess its a back-quiver now
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Bowster

Post by Bowster »

I always found that once I got into my stand I was taking the quiver off the bow. Switched to a side quiver attached to my pack and love it. The bow sits in your lap a lot better in stand and is easier to carry into the bush.
If the thrill of the hunt is lost, then I have lost.

Phoenix - Varizone Scope - Custom GT Laser II - 100 grain Slicks / brass inserts - Boo string

PSE Axe 6 - Axcel Sight - QAD Rest - TruBall S1 Release
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

A scope is the only thing on my bow, back, side, hip any place is better for a quiver than on your bow.

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
Chuck Gravel

Post by Chuck Gravel »

I never put my quiver on but i attached the quick disconnect to my old backpack that i use and i just slide it onto my pack and tighten the know and never have had a problem with it
Excalibur Equinox
Lumi-Zone
Viper-X- Strings
NGSS (newguy)
vortex pro extreme 125