2010 Crossbow test Results

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bow4it

2010 Crossbow test Results

Post by bow4it »

I just got done reading the Outdoor Life Sept issue. The Vortex was on their charts as a very good buy. They did give it some c/c+ rating in safety, trigger feel and price/value.

Now with that being said, I am the owner of 3 crossbows. One of them being that c/c+ rated Vortex. I also have a older Horton model and the newer Horton Vision. (gift) I am no pro at test results. I am just the average American hunter that wants a good product to work when the time counts. When that time comes, I reach for the Vortex and the Vortex only. The Safety and trigger pull is just fine for me. If I thought it was too much money, I would have never bought it. When it comes down to what matters to me, I reach for the Vortex with no second thoughts. Excalibur is doing a great job.
vixenmaster

Re: 2010 Crossbow test Results

Post by vixenmaster »

We have a winner, yup Excal makes the best recurve CB around
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
SPITFIRE

Post by SPITFIRE »

you said it all bow4it!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: NONE better. :D
I am a hunter and proud of it.
Kelley

Post by Kelley »

vixen master wrote:We have a winner, yup Excel makes the best recurve CB around
In my humble opinion Excalibur makes the best crossbow on the market for the money.
Kelley
Exocet 200
Varizone
Boo String
Groundpounder Mount
Crazy Farmer's CowWhackers
STS
Spitfire
OkXbowHunter

Post by OkXbowHunter »

What you have to keep in mind is that those so called "test" more times than not are written to conjure up advertisers.

Here's how it works. Since I was in the Inspection/Real Estate Consulting business, I'll use it as an example.

A publication will notify companies in an industry to let them know a "test" article or "comparison" type article is in the Pipeline to be published a few months in the future.

They then give the companies a chance to advertise in the publication, stating that the "test" or "comparison" article will draw a lot of potential customers.

My company had offers to be the "expert" in the industry or offers to advertise on the same page whenever these "special publishing events" were to be published.

I wouldn't be surprised to see some of the CB's that finished at the top to have advertising space in the magazine also.

If you'll watch closely, many times you'll see the products being tested also being advertised within a page or two of the "test" article.

Just a little insight as to how these work. This is only makes the writers of these articles marketers, not experts in the field.
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; And make me savoury meat, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die. Gen 27:3-4
Pinpoint

Post by Pinpoint »

I would buy an older model excalibur before I even considered a new model of any other make!! :D

That said, I love my pheonix!!!! 8)
2016 Matrix 350LE, Munchmount, RBB, Hawke XB1
Wolverine, Munchmount
Vixenmaster Strings