Brand Loyalty

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

awshucks

Brand Loyalty

Post by awshucks »

I'm an Excal fan through and through.... Have been one since I got my 1st Excal, [circa late 05]
and my 1st computer [early 06].

Reason I got the computer was I had an idea for a 'better mouse trap' [range finder mount] and I couldn't believe none of you nimrods didn't think of it first!

Well, ya didn't. Not blowing my own horn here, but in my newfound computer research, I read every thread ever posted on this forum. Took a few months!

Here's some things I learned:

[!] in '06, I was a newbie.
[2] lot's of Excal posters own other brands.
[3] Excal sponsors this forum.
[4] Their advertising is truthful
[5] some real icons in Excal/xbow hunting are no longer w/ us.
[6] many of those left will share knowledge for free.

So, plainly put, w/ the acceptance of xbows in beau coup states/provinces since '03, US stats, [3 states in '03], bunches more now,there are tons of new folks around.

Let me give you some tips. For free, :mrgreen:

Every Excal product does exactly what the ads claim. Some times, that can be confusing. Trust me when I say this, I'm 63 yrs old and a big sceptic!

Rather than post here like you just discovered a huge rip=-off secret, ask for help.

[7] We like to share our fascination! [7b] chances are you misunderstood something.
"Eze 18:21"
vixenmaster

Re: Brand Loyalty

Post by vixenmaster »

To be honest i have had my ups & downs about Excals. All of it either my misunderstanding cause i get angry or i didn't listen to others here good advice. 3 times i went to buy a compound model, 3 times sumpin happened that my money had to go else where. Yup see i am slow to learn took me 3 times that they weren't fer me. Sure glad i was being watched over. I have had 5 Excals over the yrs sold one i wish now i had never let go fer abit more speed. I am still learning! Only CB i own is Excal & i have 2 of them. :D
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
longwinters

Post by longwinters »

I sure like my Exocet. 1st xbow and I don't see why I would want any other. And I gotta agree the info on this site and the help in the last year has been 2nd to none.

Long
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

What keeps me loyal is the customer service. Loyalty from a company these days is like hitting the lottery.
The bows are great, it isn't a miracle by any means, but the fact that it is backed up by a company who listens will keep me coming back. It would be the same with a pair of socks or a power tool, good service will put you above everyone else, every time.
I just wish they sold cars too. :D
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

I must say that I've owned an Excalibur, for a little while now. I bought my first one back in '89. :wink:

Since then, I've bought several and sold several. If the owners of those I've sold took care of them the way I do the ones I still own, I'm sure they are still as good as the day I sold them. I say that because in all the years I've own Excaliburs I've had only one warranty issue. A bit of paint started to chip from one of my limbs. Needless to say it was taken care of pronto quick and free of charge, and if it should occur again, I have no doubt I can expect the same treatment.

Further more, in this world of planned obsolescence, Excalibur is the exception to the rule. Their older bows function as well as the ones they make today. When I say that, I'm speaking from experience and confidence, having sold my newer models while keeping some of the older ones.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
Arrow1

Post by Arrow1 »

vixenmaster wrote:To be honest i have had my ups & downs about Excals. All of it either my misunderstanding cause i get angry or i didn't listen to others here good advice. 3 times i went to buy a compound model, 3 times sumpin happened that my money had to go else where. Yup see i am slow to learn took me 3 times that they weren't fer me. Sure glad i was being watched over. I have had 5 Excals over the yrs sold one i wish now i had never let go fer abit more speed. I am still learning! Only CB i own is Excal & i have 2 of them. :D
Guilty as well.I am done with Compound xbows.I might get an "Excalibur" tatoo
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Meet "the girls''
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
See4miles

Post by See4miles »

Since I bought my Excal, 4 of my friends have purchased the same. If I recommend something, those who know me well know I stand behind it as if it were my own brand. I don't fall easy, but I can say with certainty that if I can wear this one out, which I doubt, it will be replaced with the same name..
Last edited by See4miles on Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In the Wind.......
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I started out hunting with a compound but I couldnt wait till I could find enough money to afford a "real bow", my first excalibur. Backwards thinking as far as I hear from the other archery fanatics, but thats how I felt. I found out about this forum after trying to contact Excalibur about my splintered limbs after a dry-fire. They took excellent care of me. They sent me new limbs for the $ of shipping. When I called them to tell them that I dry fired and they must have made a mistake by not charging me for new limbs their response was " oh well, we must have made a mistake(snicker from the woman on the other end of the line) " you should go out and buy a lottery ticket too" I knew this was a hands on kinda company that stands behind their product and cares about the customer, even when the customer has a brain fart :wink: I think im on my 6th excalibur now because I just gotta try every model! Since hanging around here I have had the pleasure of talking to alot of guys who know alot more than I do about archery and they are great about sharing their knowledge. I try to meet as many members as possible. This is a great forum with very little ego.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
wabi

Post by wabi »

About 10 years of being an Excalibur Only hunter now.
wabi
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Damn, the diehards are coming out of the woodwork, lol. Twasn't really my intention, [but I knew y'all were there] but rather to get the point across to the new folk on my lengthy observations.

Where else will you get: no return auth #'s needed, Bill T [co-owner] stepping in from time to time to tell us where the calf ate the cabbage, all the hard lessons that cost $ freely shared for nada?

It's all good, or can/will be!

Now, go gig a gagger! :mrgreen:
"Eze 18:21"
lscha

Post by lscha »

I love threads that invite ya' to show off pictures of the kids!! :lol:
Laura
Vixen II/Optimizer/RamCats/NGSS
Camx
Boo strings, top mounts
[url]http://www.michigancrossbowfederation.org[/url]
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Crossbow-Federation/122974954384381
secret

Post by secret »

Image Turkeys hate my "brand loyalty"
Exocet 200
gt lazer 2 [turkey] gt lazer 4 [deer]
wasp sst hammers
groundpounder
lumizone
ff string
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I will use any excuse to show of my rig!
Sorry awshucks, this probably isnt the direction you wanted this thread to go either, I just couldnt resist :wink:
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
TYE

Post by TYE »

This thread is making me miss my Phoenix ... :(  and dad now shoots the Vixen...

Even though I shoot a Bowtech compound bow now, I still come back to this forum because this place is almost like a second family. I feel like I would take the shirt off my own back for anyone here in need and I believe you all would do the same for me...

Like I said though, this forum has so many nice folks around here, and sadly... Many great people have left us also. It really says something here though that even though they were just some person from an online forum, they really aren't just "some person". They've all meant something to us. Either we've met them and shared conversations with them in person or over the phone, or just learned a lot from them on this forum. I'd say were all friends here. Heck I've even taken life advice from some here, and there are many people here I can say I look up to.

I've owned 2 Excalibur Crossbows in my life and everything I ever learned about crossbows mostly came from here. I wish I never sold my Excals but I love my compound way too much to give it back up lol. But I know for certain if I ever have they money to get another crossbow again you can bet it will be another Excal. I consider myself loyal to this company and mostly everyone I know that bowhunts owns an Excalibur.

I hope Excalibur and it's community never fades away!