see thru scope caps

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

warningshot

see thru scope caps

Post by warningshot »

does anyone know the size of flip up see thru caps that fits the varizone by butler creek
srhall32

Re: see thru scope caps

Post by srhall32 »

I think they are 1.5 or a little larger than 39 mm. I just went into the store and asked to bring my Crossbow in and get somebody to help me fit them. That works best.
warningshot

Post by warningshot »

thanks for the reply i don't have anyone close to bring the scope in to ...have to mail order these ones
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Bulter Creek #4 are the ones you need. They fit 1.5-1.59
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
strum

Post by strum »

I have some . 1.550 inches 39.4mm item#20110
they fit great ,,im just not sure i like em,,I have em off now but i guess if it rains ill use em..
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
Phoenix_Tom

Post by Phoenix_Tom »

I've tried 2 sets of the Butler Creek see thru caps and I've never been able to keep them closed. They go out of round and pop open seconds after you close them. I know some guys have had success with these but I haven't and have given up on them.
2008 Phoenix w/ Varizone Scope
FFF String (Boo string wannabee)
Groundpounder Mount
Bushnell Yardage Pro Scout RF
NAP 125g Spitfires
Firebolts and 2216s
strum

Post by strum »

Phoenix_Tom wrote:I've tried 2 sets of the Butler Creek see thru caps and I've never been able to keep them closed. They go out of round and pop open seconds after you close them. I know some guys have had success with these but I haven't and have given up on them.
thats kindda been my problem with them..just seemed like something eles to have to mess with..my favorite scope cover is called a bikini and its all rubber .
you just stretch it over the scope end to end ..i take it off when im in my stand unless its raining then i leave it on till i see somthing..fairly water tight
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
Morangus

Post by Morangus »

When I ordered my scope caps from Danny Miller he mentioned that the scope caps at the proper size for the scope don't always close properly, which is what you guys are finding. he sent me the next size up and had me use electrical tape on the scope and fit them on with the build up of the tape. Only use one loop around at a time, and then try to fit. Worked for me and the caps never pop open.
Phoenix_Tom

Post by Phoenix_Tom »

Morangus wrote:When I ordered my scope caps from Danny Miller he mentioned that the scope caps at the proper size for the scope don't always close properly, which is what you guys are finding. he sent me the next size up and had me use electrical tape on the scope and fit them on with the build up of the tape. Only use one loop around at a time, and then try to fit. Worked for me and the caps never pop open.
Somebody here had machined some parts out of plastic (I think) last year that seemed to work well with the next size up. Tape is just too easy a solution! :D I might try that or get some bikini covers. I've been thinking of getting those for a while now. There's just something to be said for see thru caps though....
2008 Phoenix w/ Varizone Scope
FFF String (Boo string wannabee)
Groundpounder Mount
Bushnell Yardage Pro Scout RF
NAP 125g Spitfires
Firebolts and 2216s
shafferm

Post by shafferm »

The plastic adapters were an idea of mine, here is the link to the post that covered them.

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... =1&t=31213

I think I have a spare set or 2 still laying around, PM me if you are interested.
Morangus

Post by Morangus »

I wish I would have seen this post back before I bought mine. I like this setup better then what I'm using currently.
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

what's wrong with the scope covers that come with the VZ with the elastic band, it has clear lens :?: ........bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
secret

Post by secret »

I killed a couple of deer with my Excalibur flip up scope covers CLOSED!!! but i also have a Lumni-zone....just one more reason for the Lumni-zone. [ if you add 2 bulter creek scope covers together Excaliburs are cheaper}
Exocet 200
gt lazer 2 [turkey] gt lazer 4 [deer]
wasp sst hammers
groundpounder
lumizone
ff string