Red Hot

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Moxie

Red Hot

Post by Moxie »

I just purchased a half dozen of the Red hot High Velocity Crossbow Arrow. Is anyone using them? Any opinions on therm? :shock: :? 8) :roll:
Terry

Quad 300 x2
wheelie

Re: Red Hot

Post by wheelie »

They look good. Never heard of them before.

The RED HOT High Velocity Crossbow Arrow features Built-in Weight Forward technology to deliver superior down-range accuracy with a broadhead. Engineered with the tightest tolerances, the strong and durable RED HOT arrow works seamlessly with today's crossbows.

•Engineered for today's crossbows shooting over 300 fps

•Built in Weight forward design for superior accuracy and penetration

•Exclusive "Hevi-Hit oversized insert (51 grains) increases penetration and shaft strength

•Buff Tuff layer in external wrap of carbon for superior strength and durability. Front 2/3 of arrow: Heavier Buff Tuff material for added strength and penetration. Back 1/3 of arrow: Lighter and stiffer Buff Tuff Plus aids in recovery out of bow

•Laser checked for consistent straightness and spine tolerances

•Mag-Nock Moon nock (13.7 grains) for added level of safety and performance. Half moon nocks are by far the best way to ensure that critical string-to-nock connection is consistent every time.

•Fusion Vanes by Duravanes (NEW for 2009)

•Optimum F.O.C balance for superior down range accuracy

•(Inserts & Nocks also sold as a separate accessory)

•Recommended for 100 gr. broadheads
Chuck Gravel

Post by Chuck Gravel »

•Mag-Nock Moon nock (13.7 grains) for added level of safety and performance. Half moon nocks are by far the best way to ensure that critical string-to-nock connection is consistent every time.

That may be a problem since excal firebolts and other arrows are supposed to be flat nock
Excalibur Equinox
Lumi-Zone
Viper-X- Strings
NGSS (newguy)
vortex pro extreme 125
GaryDowdy

Post by GaryDowdy »

I can tell be the description they are made by Carbon Express. If I'm not mistaken, the Red Hot brand is by Parker Crossbows. Being they make compound crossbows is why they hype the Half-moon nocks. (not for Excalibur) Just file the nocks flat. That's what I did with my Muzzy Predator bowfishing arrows for gator hunting.
Lakelover

Post by Lakelover »

Do you have some sort of reel attached, for shooting gators?
Axiom

They used to call me cheap, now I'm eco friendly!
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Lakelover wrote:Do you have some sort of reel attached, for shooting gators?
http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... =1&t=34979 have a separate tread for it
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

•Built in Weight forward design for superior accuracy and penetration

•Exclusive "Hevi-Hit oversized insert (51 grains) increases penetration and shaft strength
!st off, his bows take 1/2 moon nocks. Hi Moxie! Long time no see!

Fwiw, alum inserts on old GT Lz II's weigh 32 gr, brass 110 gr usually. If you are looking for higher FOC, those 'Red Hots' are luke warm.
"Eze 18:21"
Moxie

Post by Moxie »

I'm going to use a 125 grin Muzzy 4 blade with them. When I head for the camp next month, I'm going to rezero my Barnett Quad 300 to them, then, hope for the best.
Terry

Quad 300 x2
GaryDowdy

Post by GaryDowdy »

Yeah, but a reel is only used to pull in the arrow after a miss. Haven't used it yet, just to reload while practicing on the water. Pull 'em in by hand.

Back on Topic: Most of today's crossbow arrows are of good quality and will work well, just find the right weight head or point. Crossbows don't seemed to be quite as effected by arrow spine as a compound bow. I'm still fairly new at crossbow shooting, though.