Trophy Ridge product and customer service very poor!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

EQUINOXHNTERVA

Trophy Ridge product and customer service very poor!

Post by EQUINOXHNTERVA »

Two shots, two broadheads both destroyed into a Buckmasters 180 bag target. If you have any of the "Rocket" lineup from Trophy Ridge don't ever shoot them into a bag target. They wanted to replace the blades after 20 mins of bs. Then I stated they could not be replaced due to what helt the blades in place was destroyed. He was not willing to replace the entire broadhead. Then I stated that my NAP Spitfires had been shot into the same target many times with no problems. Then came more bs about the size of the cutting area. They brag about how their blades will flex and bend around bone, and they are destroyed by a bag target. They were Rocket Hammerheads and 100 grain. This product in my opinion is pure junk. And the guy in customer service was a joke. He said they were not recommended to shoot into a bag target. But nowhere does it state this that I have found. Just my 2 cents. :D :D
2009 Equinox, Easton Powerbolts, S5 system, 100 gr. spitfires. Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are.
ComfyBear

Re: Trophy Ridge product and customer service very poor!

Post by ComfyBear »

I don't about the quality of those broadheads, however I do know that shooting broadheads into a soft target bag isn't recommended.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Those were the "old inventory" of product from Rocket. I thought I explained that to you when I gave them to you(is that the same pack I gave you?). They reenforced the ferrule since buying out Rocket.

I have actually had good customer service from Trophy Ridge, no complaints.

Any of the broadheads that have the thinner blades should not be shot into a target. Some of the thicker steel blades, no problem.

I do not like that Buckmaster target at all. I took mine back to Walmart . . .you should be following my threads better. :lol:
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
RichJ

Post by RichJ »

Bag targets are designed to stop field point ONLY. The older style Rockets did have some really thin bending blades. Thats why I never even bothered to practice or shoot them unless it was something I was looking to kill. I have several packs of 100gr Sidewinders that I will still end up blowing them through lungs here and there. Honestly I think you are lucky they even offered to give you replacement blades. I don't think to many other mfg even wold of given you that after shooting them into a bag target and not a broadhead target.
Lakelover

Post by Lakelover »

"a bag target and not a broadhead target."
Quick tell me what is a broadhead target is?

If it was not raining I was going to shoot some Boltcutters into the bag today.

I'm a newbie, Go easy
BB
Axiom

They used to call me cheap, now I'm eco friendly!
EQUINOXHNTERVA

Post by EQUINOXHNTERVA »

sumner4991 wrote:Those were the "old inventory" of product from Rocket. I thought I explained that to you when I gave them to you(is that the same pack I gave you?). They reenforced the ferrule since buying out Rocket.

I have actually had good customer service from Trophy Ridge, no complaints.

Any of the broadheads that have the thinner blades should not be shot into a target. Some of the thicker steel blades, no problem.

I do not like that Buckmaster target at all. I took mine back to Walmart . . .you should be following my threads better. :lol:
With close to 5000 posts who has time? :D :D
2009 Equinox, Easton Powerbolts, S5 system, 100 gr. spitfires. Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are.
longwinters

Post by longwinters »

Broadhead targets are typically some type of foam....like the Block etc....

Long
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

EQUINOXHNTERVA wrote: With close to 5000 posts who has time? :D :D

OK . . .got me on that one . . .it's hard for me to remember what I said. :?

The broadhead targets will usually say "for broadhead use" somewhere on the target. Otherwise, assume it's a field tip only target.

However, even The Block, that I used for over a year, would bend the blades on the Wasps. A very slight bend will throw off the broadhead by several inches.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

i have that 180 bag target and shot a BH into it to test flight a slick trick....couldn't pull it out no way no how, tried to push it through the rest of the way, no how no way and bent my arrow....my buddy is coming over to shoot his new xbow today and i'll get a pic of a foam BH target i made for only 15.00 bucks from home depot.........bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

I have only used their customer service department once, had a blade bend on me. Called, they sent a new pack of three heads as well a a pack of 9 new blades, washers and screws. I was a pretty happy customer.
I consider those things a "one time use" broadhead, I keep 3 Slicks in my quiver as well as one Rocket, the Rocket only sits on the rail if the weather is absolutely horrendous. I know that when I do use it I will never use it again.
My last one passed through a doe and stuck in the ground with no blades left on it, that doe was not going anywhere though. The blades all came off in the ground, the doe looked like someone drove a Buick through her.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
EQUINOXHNTERVA

Post by EQUINOXHNTERVA »

bob1961 wrote:i have that 180 bag target and shot a BH into it to test flight a slick trick....couldn't pull it out no way no how, tried to push it through the rest of the way, no how no way and bent my arrow....my buddy is coming over to shoot his new xbow today and i'll get a pic of a foam BH target i made for only 15.00 bucks from home depot.........bob

Thanks bob1961, glad I'm not the only one who has shot a BH into a bag target. Sure would love to see the foam target you made. I have two burlap bags filled with rags that I shoot field points into all the time, with a little gorilla tape to patch major holes they have lasted pretty well.
EQUINOXHNTERVA

Post by EQUINOXHNTERVA »

Pydpiper wrote:I have only used their customer service department once, had a blade bend on me. Called, they sent a new pack of three heads as well a a pack of 9 new blades, washers and screws. I was a pretty happy customer.
I consider those things a "one time use" broadhead, I keep 3 Slicks in my quiver as well as one Rocket, the Rocket only sits on the rail if the weather is absolutely horrendous. I know that when I do use it I will never use it again.
My last one passed through a doe and stuck in the ground with no blades left on it, that doe was not going anywhere though. The blades all came off in the ground, the doe looked like someone drove a Buick through her.
I have one of the "one time use" broadheads left. May just keep it to use on a groundhog "woodchuck" or something. The guy whom I spoke with in customer service was nothing but a smart azz punk. He did however offer to replace the blades. I was wanting to purchase a pack of the Buckblasters that they make but now there is no way in this world I would. The Spitfire XP pro series will be my next purchase. :D
PABOWDUDE60

Post by PABOWDUDE60 »

Those old Hammerhead broad heads were Junk. I shot a buck in the shoulder broadside from 15 yds and the arrow bounced off him. When I got down from my stand the little point was broken off , I'm guessing it was in the bone. I went home and threw the rest of them in the trash.
I switched to the Rocket Sidewinder head and only didn't recover 1 deer out of the 35 that I shot at. Try them out. Most of the deer dropped within sight of my stand with massive blood trails that made it easy to follow on the few that went out of sight.
09 Exomax
Lumizone
Boo String
Ground Pounder Mount
Crazy Farmer Alum Camo Arrows With Bolt Cutter BHs
2016 Bull Dog 400 diablo bolts bolt cutters