New Boo string!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

VixChix

New Boo string!

Post by VixChix »

Just had to post a picture of my newest string from Don - I love the colour combination!

Thanks Don for making up this gorgeous string!!!!

Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
one shot scott

Re: New Boo string!

Post by one shot scott »

Very Nice!
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
sneak

Post by sneak »

Looks good! 8)
Exocet 200
Vari-Zone Scope
Gold Tip Laser II Arrows
Rage 2 blade crossbow broadheads
S5 Suppression System
Flemish Dyna Flight String
See4miles

Post by See4miles »

It looks like it would taste good!
In the Wind.......
longwinters

Post by longwinters »

Very nice looking string. I expect to see it along side of a downed deer this fall. :wink:

Long
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Gotstid yerself a fine looking string
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
wabi

Post by wabi »

Sorry to tell you, but that color combination would look a lot better on a new pink Vixen.
Guess you'll have to buy a new crossbow to match your string. :roll: :lol: :lol:

Reading the threads this morning and I saw one where a supposedly custom string (Wyvern) doesn't fit the bow properly (too short). I know a lot of people have to try the latest products introduced to the market, but it beats me why they won't patronize a forum member known for his integrity and quality products (Don aka Boo).
I've never had a problem with one of his strings, and he goes as far as requiring a lot of information such as the exact model bow, brace height you prefer, your experience level with crossbows, etc., before he will even start making YOUR string. This means each string is indeed CUSTOM, as in made specifically for YOU and YOUR BOW!

I know the wait for one of his strings might put some people off, but if you want a true CUSTOM STRING, BOO is the man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you're in a hurry, or happy with a "one size fits all" mass produced factory string, why not patronize Excalibur?
wabi
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Mike, your ass kissing skills are unparalleled.

Vix, put that thing to good use! And good luck today. :wink:
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
wabi

Post by wabi »

Pydpiper wrote:Mike, your ass kissing skills are unparalleled.

Vix, put that thing to good use! And good luck today. :wink:
Pyd,
Your diplomacy is non-existent.
I don't know why you would make such a comment to someone who has offered advice to you in the past, and has always tried to be helpful and respectful.
I have noticed you seem to have a grudge against Don, but why offend me because I happen to think his strings are the best available?

If you have a problem with ME or Boo, why not keep it private instead of posting insults publicly?

If you don't like the fact I like Boo's strings don't waste your time responding, you aren't going to get me to change my mind.
If I've done something to offend you please PM me.

I would have kept this in a PM, but after that comment I feel I had to respond publicly!
wabi
TPM

Post by TPM »

I have to agree with wabi.
Boo has made a few strings for us and each one felt "custom". I know he's worked with Vix to craft a string that will get maximum performance out of HER bow with HER arrows. He's managed to squeeze every bit of performance out her Vixen and that's been especially important on the 3D course. In our experiences with Boo it's not just been about selling a string but more about making our Excal's perform at their peak. With each string Boo has been in contact after we recieved them asking how they're working and making sure we're happy with the performance. Don't know if he does that with every customer but I doubt places like Wyvern does it with anyone or we wouldn't see questions like we do on this forum.
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Nobody is offended over here, but it is a tad ironic that you say you have always been helpful and respectful one post under where you knock someone else's product (wyvern).
The "ass kissing" remark was meant more as humorous (I found it funny :D ) than anything else, sure seemed to hit a nerve though. Even got some great big capitol letters out of ya.
My opinion on Don has absolutely nothing to do with strings, matter of fact there is one on my bow.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
wabi

Post by wabi »

For those following this thread to see if my comments inspire a "flame war", I would like to say, "I hope not!" :lol:

My comments were not intended to criticize David's (Wyvern) strings, but to commend Don's (Boo). And I didn't feel like I was criticizing David's string, just pointing out that Boo's is made specifically for the individual bow you might own, and your personal preferences in it's fit.

If I offended David or anyone else I hereby publicly apologize!

The strings mentioned are actually two different products (flemish twist vs endless loop) to serve the same need, and each has advantages and disadvantages when compared.
I've switched from one to the other over the years (and still do) and I can't say one is really "best".

I think Wyvern has addressed the problem of length, and I commend him for his efforts to please his customers. I'm not ruling out the possibility I may try one of his strings in the future, as I've been re-assured he has a quality product.

I will also point out I don't like the fact Excalibur also makes their Excel string so short. Not implying it's poor quality, just saying MY PERSONAL PREFERENCE is for a new string that fits exactly to my specifications, not one I have to "break in" or stretch. I'm sure the short length is good for a lot of new Excalibur owners, since it makes it difficult to get the brace height too low and have the string fly off, but it's not what I want when I buy a new string, be it custom or mass-produced. It has nothing to do with the actual quality of manufacture, just not the "size" I personally like.

If were buying a new coat and a brand was available only in one size (that didn't fit me), I just might have to look elsewhere. :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
wabi
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

wabi, it could be other reasons why some dont buy products from people also :) Product could be the best in the world and I dont think anyone argues that :D Everyone has different opinions though which makes this a beautiful country
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Vix . . .I love the string. Looks great! Just the way those individual strings come out of the loop and combine to become a single strand . . .that's some fine workmanship. That's what I like to see in a flemish string! Reminds me of my wedding vows . . .and the two become one . . .and you live happily ever after.

Go get a deer or two with it. :D
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

btw, string looks great