plague of bad scopes in aussie.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

blackjack

plague of bad scopes in aussie.

Post by blackjack »

g'day, l sent a bad vari-zone back to the guy l'm working in with through the club l'm involved with john at ausbow he tells me that his returns are quite high lately, its not a good thing, & its dangerous.. shooting from a bench-rest l expect to hit a 10 cent coin or less each time from 20 yards not play around the board. or do we expect far to much? also for a matter of interest all the scopes l fit to my bows are pretty much on the game within an inch or 2 or so this one shot out of the bow 16 inches high straight over the target, not a good thing. regards blackjack
JUST FIGHTING TO SURVIVE..
Missin

Re: plague of bad scopes in aussie.

Post by Missin »

Maybe this is the problem im having. Although the vari zone is fancy and all i also have a nikko stirling on the other bow and that seems to work better :( Wont fit on the excal though so not sure.

Whats the main problems for sending them back?

And blackjack, you never got back to me about the nocks...another :(
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

Missin wrote:Maybe this is the problem im having. Although the vari zone is fancy and all i also have a nikko stirling on the other bow and that seems to work better :( Wont fit on the excal though so not sure.

Whats the main problems for sending them back?

And blackjack, you never got back to me about the nocks...another :(
g'day check your mail l did but l'm waiting for a new price list :?
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

just shooting all over the place like one time it'll shoot on the marker then the next ones will be north south east west a couple of inches out every shot. cyl
Missin

Post by Missin »

Thats interesting, maybe i should swap scopes over and see how it goes. Although i though they would have been tested in the factory since mine came perfectly horizontaly sighted in and was only slightly out vertcally.
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

Missin wrote:Thats interesting, maybe i should swap scopes over and see how it goes. Although i though they would have been tested in the factory since mine came perfectly horizontaly sighted in and was only slightly out vertcally.
the one's l've fitted before have been pretty much on the ball just this one shot real high out of the norm so to speak
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

bstout wrote:If it were me, I'd call Dan Miller here in the States.

Dan has seen it all before and won't pull any punches. He's *damn straight* when it comes to most everything and won't try to sugar coat the situation. Dan is near Sardis, Ohio which is in the eastern time zone.

Give him a call, he can answer any and all of your questions.

Dan Miller 740-483-2312 Horizontal Archery
thanks bob but its a bit hard down under in Australia l've already talked with john Clark the excalibur dealer in australia & a letter is on its way to excalibur now he's got a table full of returns so to speak to return back to excalibur. the biggest problem is excalibur needs someone from Canada to stand at the end of the line & check them before they are sold to us. regards frank
Bill T

Post by Bill T »

Come on now Blackjack, it's pretty hard to have a "plague" of bad scopes in OZ, the total number of LZs that have been sold there is pretty small!
Chances are very good that the problems you are having are with some LZs from the bad batch that we had a year or two back. As usual we will honor our warranty commitments by replacing the defective scope with a brand new one from our newest and very reliable LZ. So far the total warranty on the new LZs is between 1 and 2 %, which is acceptable but we are hoping to improve on it. As always, if you have problems with any of our products let us know and we'll be pleased to help.
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

Bill T wrote:Come on now Blackjack, it's pretty hard to have a "plague" of bad scopes in OZ, the total number of LZs that have been sold there is pretty small!
Chances are very good that the problems you are having are with some LZs from the bad batch that we had a year or two back. As usual we will honor our warranty commitments by replacing the defective scope with a brand new one from our newest and very reliable LZ. So far the total warranty on the new LZs is between 1 and 2 %, which is acceptable but we are hoping to improve on it. As always, if you have problems with any of our products let us know and we'll be pleased to help.
SORRY MATE BUT ARE YOU SAYING THAT WE ARE BUYING OLD STOCK...HI BILL SORRY BUT ITS THE VARI-ZONES MATE BUT THERE ARE SOME LUMI-ZONES AS WELL. AS YOU SAY WE DONT SELL ALOT BUT WE ARE HAVING PROBLEMS MATE,& YES SAME WARRENTY NO PROBLEM WITH A RETURN. I HAD ONE SHOT WITH A NEW EXOMAX & BRAND NEW VARI-ZONE 16 INCHES OVER MY TARGET, NOT GOOD MATE...