dry fire club inductee.........

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bob1961

Re: dry fire club inductee.........

Post by bob1961 »

first thing i did was look for my arrow from the bench 50yds away to the target thinking the string slipped under the arrow, found nothing....went and pulled 1st arrow i shot from target and looked again on way back for other arrow....got back to bench and i had 5 arrows there, "oh crap, i just dry fired" came out my mouth....200 to 300 arrows later that day still within 2" of POA :wink: glad i had an excalibur and not some training wheel xbow :lol: ....couldn't imagine blowing up a 2,000 dollar ten point with a dry fire :shock: :lol: .........bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

sumner4991 wrote:
bob1961 wrote:....heard a weird "TINK" sound but no wack in the bag target ..........bob

Bob . . .did you count your arrows, you may have missed the target. :shock: :lol: :lol:
i haven't missed what i aimed at with my exocet since i got it, even sighting it in....well i have missed a few targets i was aiming at, the nocks on my other arrows :roll: :lol: ........bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
DEPUTY

Post by DEPUTY »

bob1961 wrote:yup did it today when DEPUTY came over and started talking to me while i was loading to shoot....heard a weird "TINK" sound but no wack in the bag target :roll: ....my boo string was still on my bow, felt the limbs and no snags from any cracks....looked it over real good and made sure nothing was out of place, no loose bolts no damage i could see at all....cocked, loaded an arrow this time and fire it down range, BULLSEYE at 50yds :wink: ....i'm glad i had the STS on my bow when this dry fire happened :mrgreen: ....i told DEPUTY if he did the with his quad 400 we would have been diving for cover....sighted his bow in and after he left i shot bout 200 arrows down range from 20 to 50 yds with every shot no more then 2" from POA 8) ....i was using my folding hunting chair and bipod stick as i would be hunting....i shot 5 arrows from 50, 40, 30, 20 each and then went from 20 to 50 with 5 arrows each bout 5 more times in my hunting chair....this beast is ready to slay some deer and a bear this year :wink: ..........bob

Yep I was the who noticed it now if my Quad limbs blow up the shrapnel will get em'.
Barnett Quad 400
22" carbon shafts with vane
125 grain 2 blade rage broadhead
Mister B

Post by Mister B »

As I have said many many times the only thing that keeps my excals from being totally perfect is to have an anti-dryfire catch on them....Wish the guys upstairs would consider making at least one model with it on there......I wouldn't worry as much with all my grandchildren shooting....
Micro nightmare (Mini Pearl)
Matrix 355 (the Shrike)
Matrix 330 (the Mini-Mag)
Rage Extreme & slick trick mag BH
Diablo arrows with 2"blazers and Laser II and
BE executioners with 3" Duravanes
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Mister B wrote:As I have said many many times the only thing that keeps my excals from being totally perfect is ....
I swear I thought your were going to say "the shooter" . . .
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

Mister B wrote:As I have said many many times the only thing that keeps my excals from being totally perfect is to have an anti-dryfire catch on them....Wish the guys upstairs would consider making at least one model with it on there......I wouldn't worry as much with all my grandchildren shooting....
any anti-dry fire mech on any xbow opens the door to law suites if one happens when it is labeled "anti" any thing....that's the main reason excalibur stated in a thread not to long ago bout them "NOT HAVING OR WANTING" them on excaliburs crossbows :wink: how many other brand crossbows can take the beating dry fires put on them and still shoot great....most that i have read where people lost the string off of there excaliburs they didn't have any thing like STS dampers on them or a few did, not sure if they said yes or no....all i know they work :!: and i can't wait to see what exclaiburs looks like and how it performs :wink: ....my bet is awsome just like there crossbows :wink: :wink: ....i like excaliburs simple approach to there crossbows and WANT them to keep it that way, great job excalibur on a perfect crossbow already :wink: ........bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

hehehe been there, only I searched for my arrow for ten minutes and even searched my nabours yard, Was not till I went back to my bow to quickly put it away I noticed there was still 4 arrows in the quiver. No harm was done to bow.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I dont hunt with my sts on my bow, I like to keep the weight to a minimum on the front of the bow when hunting, anyways, just before the season started last year I took off the sts and took a shot at the target just to check poi before heading to the stand and would'nt you know, dryfire. :roll: My boo string came off one limb but no splinters on the limbs and after checking the string very carefully it looked ok. restrung and still shooting bullseyes! These are tough bows and more resistant to dryfires than some might think! But when it happens its a blow to ego.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Chuck Gravel

Post by Chuck Gravel »

one shot scott wrote:These are tough bows and more resistant to dryfires than some might think! But when it happens its a blow to ego.
Both these statements are very true :D
Excalibur Equinox
Lumi-Zone
Viper-X- Strings
NGSS (newguy)
vortex pro extreme 125
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

3 TIMES... CATCH ME IF YOU CAN :twisted: :mrgreen:
JUST FIGHTING TO SURVIVE..
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

blackjack wrote:3 TIMES... CATCH ME IF YOU CAN :twisted: :mrgreen:
no thanks :wink: you can keep the lead :lol: .......bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
Bragdony

Post by Bragdony »

If you Want
stop dry-fire go to see the web site :
http://www.stop-dry-fire.com
fit to excalibur
Missin

Post by Missin »

Thats pretty damn neat and simple. I would worry about the latch closing too soon and catching the string though.

Would be great to have more info in english.

Heres a video of it in action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMM75aazWbc
Dash

Post by Dash »

The best ideas are always simple. Can't wait till that comes out. I never want to hear the hollow crack of a dryfire again !
Bragdony

Post by Bragdony »

It's been tested and they're is no chance that happens