dry fire club inductee.........

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bob1961

dry fire club inductee.........

Post by bob1961 »

yup did it today when DEPUTY came over and started talking to me while i was loading to shoot....heard a weird "TINK" sound but no wack in the bag target :roll: ....my boo string was still on my bow, felt the limbs and no snags from any cracks....looked it over real good and made sure nothing was out of place, no loose bolts no damage i could see at all....cocked, loaded an arrow this time and fire it down range, BULLSEYE at 50yds :wink: ....i'm glad i had the STS on my bow when this dry fire happened :mrgreen: ....i told DEPUTY if he did the with his quad 400 we would have been diving for cover....sighted his bow in and after he left i shot bout 200 arrows down range from 20 to 50 yds with every shot no more then 2" from POA 8) ....i was using my folding hunting chair and bipod stick as i would be hunting....i shot 5 arrows from 50, 40, 30, 20 each and then went from 20 to 50 with 5 arrows each bout 5 more times in my hunting chair....this beast is ready to slay some deer and a bear this year :wink: ..........bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
longwinters

Re: dry fire club inductee.........

Post by longwinters »

This club is making me paranoid ...wondering when I will have to join.

Long
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

yeah i know that feeling "knew" that feeling when it was GOING to happen....i never said it would never happen to me :lol: ....now i'm a proud member of the DFC and DBC, dry ballers club in the flintlock gang :lol: ....i'm glad i had an excalibur crossbow with STS pads in it :wink: and not DEPUTY's quad 400 that i'v read bout them blowing apart on dry fires :shock: ........bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
Kelley

Post by Kelley »

long winters wrote:This club is making me paranoid ...wondering when I will have to join.

Me too. Been shooting crossbows without a dry fire for many years. Can happen any day although I hope not soon.
I did almost join the Missing Toe Club while uncocking.
Kelley
Exocet 200
Varizone
Boo String
Groundpounder Mount
Crazy Farmer's CowWhackers
STS
Spitfire
Boo

Post by Boo »

And here I am wondering when it will happen.................again! :shock:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
vrodman

Post by vrodman »

Boo wrote:And here I am wondering when it will happen.................again! :shock:
X2. I've had mine three years now and I did it soon after I bought it, then was lettin my nephew shoot it at another date and let him do it. Now this past week I have had three other friends purchase Ecal's and was helping one set his up and site it in. Telling him what and what not to do. Pulled mine out as we were talking to shoot and BAAM!! I DID IT AGAIN. No limb or string damage though. It will happen.
Vortex
Boo String's
Sure-Fire mounted on front
Firebolts,110 brass inserts,blazers w/100gr.Grim Reapers
Groundpounder mount
STS
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

After he left you shot 200 arrows? Man, no wonder you are making your own foam targets! :lol:
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Boo

Post by Boo »

one shot scott wrote:After he left you shot 200 arrows? Man, no wonder you are making your own foam targets! :lol:
Bob's an arrow junkie! :mrgreen:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

nah, i'm just testing boo's string out to see how good it is :lol: :wink: ........bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
groundpounder

Post by groundpounder »

This is happening to too many of us this year!!! ALL from distractions.
Why ride when you can walk!
wabi

Post by wabi »

bob1961 wrote:started talking to me while i was loading to shoot.....
I think I can guess the reason you joined the club. :wink:

BTW - The DBC is even more fun with a caplock, unscrewing the nipple to poke granules of powder in the chamber is even slower than poking ffffg through the flash hole. :roll:
wabi
bkisel

Post by bkisel »

The dry fire I had, in the ~14 months since getting the Exocet, was done on purpose. Yes, I simply wanted to join the elite DFC (Dry Fire Club) and couldn't wait for it to happen by accident. :)

Bill K.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

bkisel wrote:The dry fire I had, in the ~14 months since getting the Exocet, was done on purpose. Yes, I simply wanted to join the elite DFC (Dry Fire Club) and couldn't wait for it to happen by accident. :)

Bill K.
Nice! That is thinking out of the box! :D
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

bstout wrote:I'm waiting for someone to do a dryfire....while texting. :P :wink:
Wont be long! I am guilty of spending a great deal of time on my Blackberry while in a stand, it is one of the only ways I can keep my ADD under control so I can sit still. :D
Now I know the difference between a hunt that is enjoyed for the silence and solitude, and I have lots of those too, but there are days I need to keep my business afloat and I can afford the time in the bush only because I can still communicate with clients with a few taps of he thumb.
90% of the posting I do on here is from my phone in various places. My private messages come right to my phone (which have been off the charts in the last two days :D ), as do any additions to threads I subscribe to.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

bob1961 wrote:....heard a weird "TINK" sound but no wack in the bag target ..........bob

Bob . . .did you count your arrows, you may have missed the target. :shock: :lol: :lol:

Just kidding. Glad you didn't crack a limb. :mrgreen:
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen