Equinox serving and accuracy problems

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

twogun

Equinox serving and accuracy problems

Post by twogun »

i've owned an Exomag for 7 or 8 years I think and don't have the first complaint.

Bought an equinox last year, and it's giving me fits. I get 15 to 20 shots before the serving comes loose. I had three strings last year that i kept rotating through the local bow shop for reserving at $10 a pop. I bought three brand new strings from Cabelas to start the season. i was encouraged because the serving was a different color and hoped it was improved. Six shots later and the serving was already coming off.

Advice?

Also, I had great success with grouping Wasps, Muzzys, and Slick Trick broadheads. Not so much with the exomax. Actually very poor success.
longwinters

Re: Equinox serving and accuracy problems

Post by longwinters »

Buy a Boo String. Check the trigger/string holder teeth for rough spots etc...

Long
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Have you spoken to excalibur yet? man, I dont think I would go two seasons and not get their opinion on it. You might have a rough spot on the claws, give excalibur or dany miller a call.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Chuck Gravel

Post by Chuck Gravel »

i have the equinox and it can be rough on servings but go and buy a serving jig and some .30 halo or .26 angel majesty. its very easy to do and you can put it on super tight. i get a couple hundred shots before i need to reserve. just watch boos videos on crossbowreview.com
Excalibur Equinox
Lumi-Zone
Viper-X- Strings
NGSS (newguy)
vortex pro extreme 125
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

1st thing i would do is quit paying fer reserving at $10 a pop you can buy new strings from Dan Miller fer about $15. PM me about reserving yer strings. Those 225 lb beasts put a heck of a strain on the strings.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Boo

Post by Boo »

If the serving separates then it is a different problem than when the serving gets torn and looks ragged. If you get some tearing on the right side it is caused by a rough latch. It the serving wraps just plain move aside exposing the string it is an issue with the string or serving. Why don't you post a close up picture of the serving with the limbs at rest.
Last edited by Boo on Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
CDN Taxman

Post by CDN Taxman »

I've put about 50 shots through my equinox but the guy I bought it off of say he already Boo'd it up for me! Not even a hint of serving problems right now.

Mike
2008 Excalibur Equinox
Groundpounder Mount
NGSS

Post by twogun »

Boo wrote:If the serving separates then it is a different problem than when the serving gets torn and looks ragged. If you get some tearing on the right side it is caused by a rough latch. It the serving wraps just plain move aside exposing the string it is an issue with the string or serving. Why don't you post a close up picture of the serving with the limbs at rest.
Thanks to all for the input.

It does tear on the right side every time. I'll see what I can do about posting pictures.

Interesting additional point. It is much worse when using the Fast Flight strings.
Boo

Post by Boo »

twogun wrote:
Boo wrote:If the serving separates then it is a different problem than when the serving gets torn and looks ragged. If you get some tearing on the right side it is caused by a rough latch. It the serving wraps just plain move aside exposing the string it is an issue with the string or serving. Why don't you post a close up picture of the serving with the limbs at rest.
Thanks to all for the input.

It does tear on the right side every time. I'll see what I can do about posting pictures.

Interesting additional point. It is much worse when using the Fast Flight strings.
Your latch is rough. Once enough of the serving is torn it looses it's tension and them separates. You can take care of it yourself if you send me an email.
Does yours look like the one below?

Some people just like stepping on rakes